Domaine Storage will soon become UOVO Wine

Got the email below from Domaine. I had moved a lot of my wine last year to Manhattan Wine Company but still have some left with Domaine. Would love to get more info from those familiar on what this means.

Dear collector,

Last year, we shared the news that Domaine Wine Storage joined UOVO, the nation’s leading luxury storage and services provider. Today, we are pleased to announce the next stage in our company’s development.

This spring, Domaine will officially become UOVO Wine, joining UOVO’s existing platforms for art and fashion solutions. Over the next few months, you will see UOVO-branded signs, trucks, uniforms, and materials being utilized. Our team members will also begin using new @uovo.wine email addresses. All correspondence to previous email addresses will be seamlessly transferred and nothing will be lost in the process.

As leaders in wine storage and logistic services for the past 20 years, we have consistently set the standard for excellence and we will continue to offer the same suite of services going forward. Rest assured that we will store and manage your wine in the same way and your inventory will remain in its current location(s).

Thank you for choosing us as your trusted collection management partner. We look forward to sharing more about UOVO Wine in the coming weeks. Should you have any questions in the meantime, please reply to this email or call us at (888) 627-4556.

Sincerely,

Hopefully this means they’ll sell their remaining Domaine-branded boxes at a discount… right?..

12 Likes

Eggcelent

No idea other than mergers and rebranding usually come with a price increase! :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

I doubt it means much to the end user. UOVO has other storages businesses (art/clothing) and is a recognized industry expert in those areas. The brand name has meaning to folks in the art and clothing world and certainly to the customers of those businesses. Once Uovo bought Domaine, it was only a matter of time before they changed the name and made the branding and marketing across the business divisions consistent.

Mike is spot on (thanks, Mike). We aim to be the best in our field, as UOVO Art and Fashion are in theirs.

I am always happy to discuss with clients, and hopefully future clients, how Domaine - soon UOVO Wine - can support wine collectors in pursuit of their passion.

PSG
COO - UOVO Wine

1 Like

“Domaine” is easier to pronounce.

Isn’t Ian working for Domaine? His input would be helpful.

I can’t stop thinking of the new name as simply, egg.

Not sure I’d name my wine storage business after something as fragile as an egg!

And the new name sounds like a Cirque du Soleil show.

2 Likes

Peter Gabriel actually OVO - PeterGabriel.com

1 Like