Does a wine showing up on WTSO or similar sights adversely affect its reputation

I look in at WTSO once or twice a month just to get a sense of what’s going on. Today they have 2019 Virginie de Valandraud. I have met Jean Luc Thunevin and Muriel Andraud a few times and they make some excellent wine. I was just curious whether people think that a WTSO listing/sale/inventory dump hurts a wine’s reputation.

I haven’t bought anything at WTSO for a few years, but in the past I have gotten some top of the line wine, although I missed out on the Petrus sale about 10 years ago. I have bought in addition to some cheap stuff, Veuve Cliquot La Grande Dame Brut 2008; Clarendon Hills Romas Grenache 2010; Clarendon Hills Astralis Syrah 2007; Piper-Heidsieck 2002 Rare; and Two Hands Wines Charlie’s Patch 2008. You might not like these because our palates may not align, but we are not talking swill. I do not think less of these wines because of where I got them, but YMMV.

1 Like

It doesn’t affect a wine’s reputation for me. I assume that WTSO and other sites like it get deals for a variety of reasons, one of which is a change in distributor/importer, which then may get rid of stock more cheaply. That has nothing to do with wine quality.

1 Like

I could not possibly cite all of the good sites within sight.

Just went on the site for the first time.I could not understand how many of the wines had prices slashed from around three times their cost in the marketplace.
Cantermerle 2015 has never been offered close to $100, but there it was, down from $100-$40. Not the way I do business.

not to mention that I bought two bottles of 2015 Cantemerle at retail in January for $34