Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

Yup, just like on the forum in the computer browser - the little red thing is the ‘last post’, takes you right to it:
IMG_0495 2.jpg

Are all the existing YouTube links now dead? Noticed it in a couple of threads.

I actually don’t mind, as too many of them causes a thread to load very slowly. Just curious.

That doesn’t work for me? I click on the red icon(says “unread posts”) and it sends me to a random placement in the thread? AND…if you have posted in the thread, there is no red icon?? [scratch.gif]

It’s sending you to the last unread post by you.

Well then I’m not going to be able to get to the last post unless I’ve seen all the other posts in thread? Why can’t we just have a “go to last post” icon on mobile?

You can - turn the phone sideways (as mentioned above) - that gives you immediate and temporary (until you turn it back) access to all the quick features of the desktop browser. The last column has the last post in it, you click the small gray box, it takes you right there, then you can turn it right back.

This mobile browser has ALL the features of the desktop, and turning horizontal/vertical changes the experience as needed. Vertical gives you quick access for those who are accustomed to just viewing new posts in a bunch of threads (like me) - turning the phone sideways gives you a broader, wider array of features so you can get whatever you want, then turn it back for easy scrolling/reading

So… you’d rather get to the last post and scroll up to find out where you left off… instead of just being directly sent there?

I use the red box that takes me to the first unread post. I have no need to go directly to the last post in a thread.

That said, turning my phone sideways does not reveal a gray box in the last column to the right or left.

Looks like this: (thumbnail now by default - click to see full size)
IMG_0496.jpg

Threads like “What bottle of wine did you open today” have 191 pages…I’m NOT going to view all the posts, but once in awhile I’d like to see a current post.

Turning my phone(iPhone 6) does NOT look like Todd’s attmt, and doesn’t show the gray box?

I don’t see a gray box either

Perhaps you guys have amped up the size of your text, so it doesn’t show a full width like that?

Buzz, then you, of all people, DO want the red box that takes you to the first unread post - makes little sense to (as Charlie said, also) go to the last post, then scroll up to find the last one you read when that little box on the left will do it for you! It goes to whatever is the newest post IN THAT THREAD that you haven’t yet read - it’s exactly what you want. Try it, you’ll like it :slight_smile:

While I do not care all that much about the gray box, I can confirm that on my iPhone 6, with font set to normal (versus the 130%), and the phone in landscape orientation, there is no gray box. Buzz is not dreaming.

Todd, the zoom into the graphic feature is awesome but how do you get “back” from the expanded view with a single key as opposed to hitting the browser BACK button?

Turn it sideways, pinch to squash it up a bit - on horizontal, the dynamic sizing should have a full width. Can you post a screenshot with the handy drag and drop feature we now have?

Something else I’ve noticed (using Firefox, not sure if this is true for other browsers, or how they used to behave): I tend to open topics in a new page, so when I visit the board I might have several pages open to read through. Those always used to just be titled “Berserkers”. Now they show the title of the thread itself. That’s probably a good thing, I just have to get used to it.

There is also (sometimes) a number in parentheses in front of the title, wondering what that is. Hmm, could that be the number of “notifications” I have? yep, that’s it, soon as I clear the notifications, that goes away.

Why are my PMs getting hung up in my outbox? (Asking for a friend an acquaintance)

Squashed as much as the phone will allow
IMG_5499.jpg

I see the same screen as DavidB with phone sideways and zoomed out.

Todd, the second through fourth columns in your screen shot don’t show at all on our phones. Just the first column extending horizontally to fill the screen. Samsung Galaxy S9, latest version of Android here.

Apparently if you are Super Cru like me you get all 4 columns.