Do you have questions on any of the new features? Ask here! (Also some instructions inside)

Just attempted to edit my profile and got this: “The name you entered is not a valid Jabber account name.” What to do?

Drag and drop on iPad using split screen is neat although it sometimes is hard to get in between the two media brackets.

[media][https://twitter.com/esther_mobley/status/1029050323103494144/[media](https://twitter.com/esther_mobley/status/1029050323103494144/[media)]

The DB seems MUCH faster.

It’s insane. When I post it instantly goes to the last post, the one I just made, which is amazing, but also annoying, because then I have to scroll up or click back 3 times to get back to ‘new posts’!

Drag and drop the link then highlight it and click the media tag.

Thanks Brian

Found the setting for that - just unsure how big we WANT the images on here, as if we go full size, it’s going to adjust the whole browser window.

I’ll amp it up to the native size of iPhone 4, iPad 3 - 1936 wide by 2592 high

Does anyone else find the little circular icons on the right of every topic/thread in a forum page irritating in the way that many/most/all (any, really) of them are animated and move?

And, why do some move and not others?

And, am I correct that the little black dot at about 10 O’clock on the circular icon indicates that you have posted on that topic/thread?

I found out why - those that are animated are ‘hot’ topics as well - with a post count above 20, I believe. That’s to get your attention that a hot topic has some new posts, so you better quit working and being productive because there’s a new post in a hot topic!!! flirtysmile

Yep. Means you’ve posted

The font size has become very small when viewing on my iPad Pro. Is there a way to restore it to the old view or at least adjust the fonts? Thanks.

What’s a goyim? :slight_smile:

So, is there any way to turn that off, because it’s super annoying.

Not sure - try User Control Panel, Display Options

All you blind folk (the font is the same size it was on the prior software, just a slightly different font design) can now make the font as LARGE AS YOU WANT!!! Simply go to User Control Panel, Board Preferences, and in Edit Global Settings, you have instant magnification - this will be saved just for you, so you can have it Large Print Edition anytime you access it. (‘Would you prefer the font to be larger?’ is the setting)
Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 3.02.40 PM.png

I’ve removed the animated ‘view new posts’ for ‘hot’ topics by disabling the forum’s function of measuring ‘hot’ topics. Now they are all static images.

I’ve lost my user Avatar. Any way to get that bad boy back in play? It’s how I recognize my own posts and I’ve never changed it. What will people think if they see me posting and my avatar is not Two Buck Chuck being intimidated by a brace of 97 Montelena Estate and some Kapscandy? I’ll have to think of something clever and creative (extremely difficult for me) that is not to pretentious or obscure, that is a little funny but not absurd, like a picture of an internet friend riding a bicycle or an edited pic of me commenting about Jura. Maybe I’ll chug a double mag of mouton, but I don’t have one so it’d be something like a double mag of Roederer Estate and instead of Manhattan it’ll be a Dallas suburb so even less interesting…

Save me, gents.

Not kidding are you. Goyim are non-Jews and ungepatchka means too fancy or ornate.

Much better…thank you!

I think this is better also. I get why they were animated, but silencing them makes it a more comfortable read.