Do we care if screw capped Rose' shipped in 100 degree weather?

Just picked up a box of said wine, in said temps. I mean…do we really care here? Screw capped, so no protruding corks…prob going to drink them all within 6-12 months…the wine wasn’t boiling in the bottle…little warm, but not hot. What could the harm be?

:wine_glass:

Nope

:grin: I should add that it IS good wine…$30.

Question if this was under cork, what would your answer be? And I’m hoping others will pipe in here.

Screw caps will not ‘protect’ a wine from heat whatsoever.

And I’m still holding your order brother :grimacing:

2 Likes

I’d be extremely upset if the corked “moved” upon shipping. Seal is compromised. Screw cap…still sealed.

Same retailer, K&L, shipped some Ca chard in same 100+ heat last month, said a mistake(hmmm?)…sealed with cork, no issues and I’m not worried. But if this was a red I plan on aging, or even cru Chablis…I’d be pissed!

1 Like