Do people in your office think you have a drinking problem?!

I am conscious of trying to keep deliveries somewhat under control, but then again the family of one of the owners is ITB, so it doesn’t raise too many eyebrows.

Server rooms are an interesting beast in on to themselves. The front of the server room (where the lights and screens and front panels of all the servers is a cool 55-58 degrees. If you take the short walk to the rear of the server room where all the wires, cables and fans from all the servers exhaust its a warm 70 degrees. Servers pull the cold air from the front to cool the machines and exhaust out the now heated air from the rear. As long as wines are in the front and away from the vibrations of the machines it stays under 60 degrees which is cooler than anywhere else in the office. Again by no means meant for long term storage but its better than sitting under a desk imho.

Anyone that ships FedEx, I have shop to the local store, but the remaining shipments that end up at my office do garner some stares. I don’t work in the main building, so I try to sneak in and out with my packages and only the receptionist ever knows about it. I am definitely dubbed “the wine guy” in my office for better or worse.

No. My office is in a wine warehouse.

I hate the size of shippers. My office isn’t that big and in shipping season (ie right now) I cringe as the boxes are stacked to the ceiling. I sometimes get regular case packs from a local liquor store just to conserve space…

Everyone in the office knows and doesn’t care…

Not only do others im my office know but other tenants in the complex as well as all the delivery guys know me as the wine guy. Opening bottles in the courtyard after work on nice days may have something to do with this…

Do people in your office think you have a drinking problem?!<

No!

1st: there is no office neener

2nd: yes, I do think that some people have a drinking problem! [rofl.gif]

Yes, always the topic of comments from co-workers. I have a private office and the GSO guy doesn’t even stop at reception- he just walks past her and places the boxes in my office.

Our long time mail room guy, with whom I had a great relationship, just got a promotion, so now I’m going through the process of getting his replacement used to the drill, but she was kind of weirded out (understandably) by all the heavy boxes arriving for me at first.

I gave her a bottle of Seghesio zin the other day, which she thought was amazing, plus I’ve tried to pick up boxes on my way down to my car at times, so things are smoothing out quickly.

For a while, my wife’s colleagues thought she had a problem (when I had wine shipped to her because I worked for an employer who frowned on wine shipments to the office).

“No, really. It’s for my husband.”
“Sure it is.”