disgraceful customer service a well known retailer - Chambers Street Wines

i love america, just don’t like chambers wines

What’s disgraceful is your ridiculous sense of entitlement. Yes, they made some mistakes, but it’s nothing to get all worked up about, and they don’t owe you fairness, explanation, or anything else, even though you decided to try to bully them into it. Yes, better customers get preferential treatment, and customers who are being extremely rude and unreasonable are not worth the hassle.

Doug-

This—> “they don’t owe you fairness, explanation, or anything else…”?? I surely expect top notch customer service if a company made a mistake regardless if I was a preferred customer or not. That’s the definition of customer service. Sure mistakes happen and I’m not saying that the OP is right in his rant on this board or if Chambers Street actually made the mistake, but your take on business is skewed. Do you own a business?

[video]"The Yelper Special" (Original Music) - SOUTH PARK - YouTube

Not you. Dennis.

Oh no, I was trying to hide my Communist tendencies but you’ve obviously seen right though me. Better Red than Dead! (hey, that’s a half decent pun for a wine board)

No – your incoherent posts reveal it.

I am shocked, shocked to learn that CSW (or any store, frankly) gives preferential treatment to big customers.

I am sorry you couldn’t understand it, I will do a better job next time.

You know I do kinda miss good ol’ Symon B.

This is obviously a horrible overreaction to a common problem that happens with the sale of limited production products. I am guessing that you are a frequent complainer Mr. Wang and well known in your area for reasons just like this. Good luck.

Thanks for your understanding Mr. Keim. Appreciate the feedback.

I find the experience of ‘firing’ disrespectful, rude and obnoxious customers to be quite enjoyable.

I enjoyed it equally as well! thanks for your feedback Mr. Clayton.

Le, you should expect that certain customers are going to get better allocations. I expect this from my retailers with whom I have long term relationships. I can promise you after doing business with a couple of establishments for more than twenty years, I get special deals, special pricing, first chances, etc, that I surely wouldn’t have received as a first time jonny through the door.

I am a long-time customer of Chambers. Buy quite a bit from them. And Crush. On highly-allocated wines, like Rougeard and Juge for example, I have had my allocations cut notwithstanding the long-term relationship. It’s to be expected, I have no hard feelings. I love both of these retailers. They bring in great products, are priced competitively, and are fair in how they treat customers.

Thanks for the honest feedback, I don’t mind having the allocation cut, and politely agreed to them. But their way of communication was not polite to say the least.

If I understand the original post correctly, the problem Le had is that they cut the offer after he had already purchased the product. It’s not ideal, and I would probably be a little irritated, as I would think if bigger customers get priority, they should get the priority before the bottles are sold to someone else or somewhere in the process of being sold. But it would be a pretty minor irritation and I wouldn’t call it disgraceful- it’s just wine after all (or chartreuse?).

I can’t comment on the conversation that followed as the details are very slim.

Don’t remember Jamie Wolff being particularly stupid. He might be evil. Or maybe Wine is evil. Chartreuse is definitely evil. Never shop there again or it might spread…or maybe it has already…and now YOU’RE evil. Your first post appears evil. Exorcism required STAT! Paging John Constantine…or maybe Todd French.

RT

Thanks for the feedback James, I called it disgraceful because of the behind the back impolite name calling of the owner while they are apologizing. Some ppl will say everyone does that, but atleast try not to send it back to the original person.

I think it’s fair that Wang is pissed off. I think it’s silly to think most of anyone here would be nice to him too, but if he got his order in first, which it sounds like he did, his order should have been honored to the extent they were able. Hypothetically, if a long term customer gets an order in several minutes or hours later, the person who ordered first should get the wine. Claiming long term customers should get special consideration does feel a little bit like playing the old privileged white man card. Disgraceful is too stong a word however.