disgraceful customer service a well known retailer - Chambers Street Wines

Can a mod please edit the caps out of the title so this is easier to ignore.

Sorry about that, I will lower case it.

Getting up from a drunken stupor the night before and stub your toe, did ye?
Chambers sells out of items very quickly. Their inventory systems sucks and is not quite “real time”. Some customers are treated differently than others - get used to it, it’s the New York way. This being said, they fix mistakes and their customer service is excellent. What’s yer problem?

Not great service however you cut it and regardless of previous good character.

I loved this line

“I am almost more offended by Jamie’s stupidity than his emails itself.”

Guess what, wine stores treat customers that spend major $ better than customers that don’t.

I am shocked - shocked - to find that better customers get preferential treatment.

Well, I for one am not shocked. I am however unduly dismayed and inappropriately offended.

then come out and say that, why bother telling ppl everyone get same reduction?

See, these are two posts that cry out for a sarcasm font.

+1.

I’m sorry for your experience, OP.

Time to stop reading now.
I need to place a Chamber’s order.

To the OP, this board is not Yelp, Trip Advisor, etc. While I sympathize with your bad experience at CSW, their customer service record is one of the best in the business. I understand that a problem on your initial order with them is frustrating, they will survive without you just as you will survive without them.
But I wouldn’t keep digging that hole here; you probably will not be handed a ladder.
Just my opinion.

Oh, and double points to Mark K for the Disorder post! [welldone.gif]

What’s disgraceful is your ridiculous sense of entitlement. Yes, they made some mistakes, but it’s nothing to get all worked up about, and they don’t owe you fairness, explanation, or anything else, even though you decided to try to bully them into it. Yes, better customers get preferential treatment, and customers who are being extremely rude and unreasonable are not worth the hassle.

Ugh. I really dislike folks who register just to flame a business. This is a community, not Yelp. God forbid if you ever get cold french fries…

Because you probably got some random salesperson on the phone and when pressured they told you what you wanted to hear.

I’m sure you’re frustrated. I get it. But you’re pissing into the wind here. The funny thing is that you went from having a complete order to a less than complete order and that upset you so much that you pushed the retailer into cancelling your order all together. So now you have nothing. I’m sure having no Chartreuse and posting a complaint on a random wine board that no one will listen to will make you feel better.

So you’re one of the Yelpers special blessed,
You demand a wine store’s very best.
Well they’re gonna treat you special,
I’m telling you chum…

It’s called the Yelper special!

Could be the OP’s command of English is so poor that he could not understand Chambers St. emails.

[rofl.gif]

Good one. Frying pan to the fire…

Could be, did you catch that from my name?

Why do you hate America?

Surely doesn’t qualify as “equal opportunity under the law”, does it? America…