Dirty & Rowdy Summer Pre-Release

Got some Petite, Chenin and Familiar Mourvedre- Gonna be a great summer!!
Picked up the Fam Mourvèdre because the Enz Mourvèdre is one of the most fun and interesting bottles I’ve had this year. I suspect the Enz and Familiar won’t share much in common but I never saw the Enz coming and loved it so will take a swing on the Familiar.

1 Like

Hardy, I realize it’s quite difficult to have a good idea for something without a track record, but given your stated love for older rose wines (and your obvious familiarity for these wines), do you anticipate these two to be able to age for a number of years? Can you opine on this? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Thanks, Tom and Jeremy!

Tom- the 19 Familiar is about 33% Enz. It is a bit brighter / more forward and a crowd pleaser / party wine for sure. It is a wonderful near term drinking (5yrs or so) wine.

Jeremy-
I think both have the guts for a couple years of aging. My preference is for rosé wines with 2-3 years on them and I think both of these will do that plus a few. Not that it is a perfect comparison, but both drink really well after a few days open.

1 Like

IN for a case. Any truth to the rumors of a D&R ‘Froze’ Machine being spotted in the wild?

1 Like

Shhhhh! Must only be operated while wearing a pirate sword and holding a cutlass!

Thanks, Joe!

So glad to get a little stash of the MSG Rose … now will I manage to save even one to see how it ages? hmmmm

1 Like

Mine will have no chance unless I hide them from myself

1 Like

Added to CT ya bums ; )

3 Likes

Yeah … it’s not likely here but I’ll pretend.

This is such a treat!

1 Like

You’re able to post so I know your fingers aren’t broken…. [whistle.gif]

[berserker.gif]

Sadly I couldn’t log on until this afternoon and missed the Syrah rose. Darn.

1 Like

Just picked up the Rose’ sampler pack. Had been really enjoying the MSG Rose’ so was psyched to see this offer.

Thanks, Jeremy! Glad you grabbed one! They sold out fast [cheers.gif]

Just received this email from Hardy

“Old Vines For My Young Son
I hope you have been enjoying your summer and have spent time creating moments that lead to memories with those you love.

On Thursday, 7/29, we release a monumental wine to share with your family and loved ones. It is only two barrels of wine and it is the wine I crafted to celebrate, honor, and offer the universe thanks for the birth of our son, Hervé in 2018.

The 2018 Cuvée Hervé is a blend of our best barrels from the best vintage of our old vine Mourvèdre vineyards: Evangehlo, Enz, and the last precious drops of the old vine Rosewood Mourvèdre.

It is a soulful offering of gratitude and love for our son. It is the Mourvèdre you will reach for to celebrate rites of passage and when words fail, it will help you convey the infinite love parents have for their children.

This wine is built for the long haul. There are only 50 cases combined of 750s and 1.5Ls.

Along with the 2018 Cuvée Hervé we are releasing a small amount of the 2016 Maple’s Spring St. Petite Sirah from our library. This wine was made to celebrate the birth of our daughter, Maple. It is one of the most loved Dirty and Rowdy wines of all time.

Refrigerated shipping is included with orders of twelve 750s or more and on 6 or more magnums.

An email with your link to purchase will be sent on Thurs. 7/29.

I am honored to share this wine with you.

Cheers,
Hardy”

2 Likes

Pumped for this release :metal:

1 Like

Thanks Matt and Ty. It is a beautiful wine. We are psyched to get it out to everyone.

excited about those as well!

1 Like

Excited. Love pretty much all D&R Mourvèdre

2 Likes

FYI 2019 Mourvèdre familiar on sale at Astor today only for 24

1 Like