Dirty & Rowdy - August 3rd Release

Fall Pre-Release 8/3-8/10 (Part One)
unnamed.jpg
"Thank you for your continued support of Dirty and Rowdy. Please read the important details below before jumping to your allocation.

"Shipping Dates:
Weather permitting, wines will begin shipping October 8th. You may also select from two additional dates later in the fall. There are no fall pickup options.

"Shipping Included: Note the Change
For this release, we will be including ground shipping on orders of 4 bottles or more.

"Shipping Locations:
Shipments of alcohol require an adult signature. Please choose a shipping address where one will be available. Any shipments returned to Dirty and Rowdy require paid shipping before a replacement order is sent.

"Allocation Email Link:
Please do not forward this email. The embedded link goes directly to your personal account and account information.

"As mentioned in our Spring Release letter, 2017 was a vintage with extreme challenges. Massive heat spikes threw most of our vineyards out of whack, medical issues left Hardy grounded for 10 days, Kate’s younger brother, Angus, tragically died en route to Napa, more heat spikes, problematic fermentations, and then the devastating wildfires that placed us out of the cellar for more than a week. Almost all of our red wines were declassified and blended into our lower priced Unfamiliar wines. The beautiful upside is that '17 ‘Unfamiliar’ Mourvèdre has been met with overwhelming response and accolades.

"We are thrilled to offer the following three wines:

"2017 ‘Unfamiliar’ Red Blend (750 cases produced)
This wine is wild and savory and should be consumed with verve and in the near term with hearty meals. We hope this wine follows the lead of the ‘Unfamiliar’ Mourvèdre. It is a deep wine perfect for the fall and winter months.

"2017 Evangelho Mourvèdre (100 cases produced)
This was the only wine that escaped '17 completely unscathed. This is our wildest and headiest old vine Mourvèdre to date. Vineyard namesake, Frank Evangelho passed away a little over two weeks ago, and we extend our love and respect to the Evangelho family. His spirit, vision, and persistence ensured that we have access to one of California’s greatest old vine vineyards. Thank you, Frank.

"2016 Antle Vineyard Mourvèdre (160 cases produced)
This wine rides the razor’s edge of refined and exhilarating. This is the last time this wine will be labeled as ‘Antle Vineyard’. In the fall of '16 the vineyard sold and was renamed ‘Rodnick Farm’. We have continued along with the new owners and the next vintages will be bottled under the new name. The '16 Antle combines all that we love about this vineyard - an abundance of rock, savory flavors, length, pure fruit, exuberance, and an elegance and pedigree that can only come from these remarkable limestone and granite soils.

"The two vineyard-designate Mourvèdre wines are thrilling today, and will continue to improve with years in the cellar, and we recommend a 60-120 min decant for both.

"We should also point out the return of the most large and awesome bundle in your allocation. Oh yeahhhhh!!

The ‘DUDE, I’m With the Band’ 12 CASE pack returns! That’s right, 4 cases of each fall wine. Throw one hell of a party, roast whole beasts, storm a castle, or set sail to parts unknown. The 12 case bundle includes a visit from Hardy for a personalized in-home tasting with you and your rowdy crew. Cases can be divided between multiple locations (but we must ship full cases to each spot).
***Please note: tastings must be scheduled between 1/1/19 and 6/30/19

"We thank you for being here with us and allowing us to do something unique in this vast world of wine. Hardy takes great pleasure in writing the notes below, and we hope that all the wines take you to the colorful places at the edge of your soul.

“Gratefully,
Hardy, Matt, Amy, and Kate”[/i]

Dirty & Rowdy Family Wines Fall Release (Part Two)

"TASTING NOTES

"2017 Unfamiliar Red Blend
$23 Per Bottle / North Coast, CA
750 Cases Produced
60% Petite Sirah, 20% Mourvèdre, 10% Zinfandel, 10% Carignane

"The '17 ‘Unfamiliar’ Red Wine is rustic (rustique?), sauvage, and goes with warm meaty things cooked slow and served in family heirloom bowls. Like 1970’s old school Petite Sirah, this savory wine says strap on your Earth shoes, tank tops, rocking head band, and get lost in the primal purple. Notes of tallow, plum skins, hot romance, and dusty roads. On the palate, the wine is rich, balanced, with soft and prominent tannin. A Middle-earth fall / winter wine perfect for the Shire.

"2017 Evangelho Vineyard Old Vines Mourvèdre
$46 Per Bottle / Contra Costa County
100 Cases produced

"Exotic notes of shiso leaf and salted plum rise above a steaming bed of perfectly cooked rice. You are then hit by an explosive and never-ending briney fruit that carries you quickly into old vine daydreams. This one requires comfy clothes as it takes you full on into the astral plane. The finish goes on and on to the point where you ask, ‘will I go back to normal again?’ And when you find yourself wandering the far reaches of the universe, remember ‘if you get confused, just listen to the music play.’

Evangelho-Vineyard-300x285.png
"'17 Evangelho is a serious and crazy wine from a vineyard that was owned, loved, and preserved by someone who refused to give into the pressures of modern sprawl. Thank you again, Frank!

"2016 ‘Antle Vineyard’ Mourvèdre
$49 Per Bottle / Chalone AVA
160 Cases produced

"Full moon mountain pools, evening ragas, and bathing in the elegance of the natural world. Don’t get us wrong, there’s enough freaky deaky to get you to put on white robes and walk confidently across hot coals. The '16 Antle is exotic, precise, and exhilarating. It combines the polish of previous Antle vintages with enough raw spirit and the weight of some of our earliest wines from Santa Barbara Highlands.
Antle-Vineyard-300x298.png
“High in the Gabilan mountains, at the entrance to Pinnacles National Park, Antle is one of the most special Mourvèdre vineyards in California. The spirit of the '16 Antle takes you on a trip through a magical and often unseen world.”[/i]

Dirty & Rowdy Family Wines website: https://www.dirtyandrowdy.com

The unfamiliars, when combined with the designates (and shipping charge (or Lack thereof)) make D&R one of the absolute must orders for me.

I went in for Evangelho and one unfamiliar.

Thanks everyone! We are off to a great start to the general release- Jenn and Terra Jane (welcome, Terra Jane!) are monitoring the inbox and fielding questions.

Two quick notes:
This is the first time Evangelho Mourvèdre is being offered to first time buyers-- We highly encourage folks to take advantage of that. :slight_smile:

For those that know-- [worship.gif] Antle. It is a special spot for Mourvèdre.
jZcPC1tSAUA

Social media case study :slight_smile:

Free shipping on 4 bottles and a DnR shirt may sway me to purchase!

Thank you!

The new shirts are here (shipping today) and loooooooking sweet!
Unfamiliar Mens shirt.png
unfamiliar Womens shirt.png

Is this stuff any good? I own none of it and no one has ever brought a bottle to an offline I attended, so I have no idea.

It is very good Jay. Just put my order in for the Evangelho!

Jay, you should be able to either acquire a bottle or try it at a restuarant fairly easily in NYC.

It’s outstanding.

unfortunately have to sit this one out…more for everyone else

Love the wines and everything D&R stands for. In for 6. I only wish I had space to buy more.

I ordered a case, even tho I don’t have so much space!

Jay, Some Good Wine and Chambers carry it in Manhattan. Maybe others too. There’s a wine store in Brooklyn also, but i can;='t find the name.

Good stuff!

My first time ordering, and Jenn helped me immensely!

Grabbed 2 blends, 1 Evangelho, 1 antle and a shirt!

Thanks for the kind words and support everyone!

Fall Sound Check 6-pack for me - 2 x Antle, 2 x Evangelho, 2 x Unfamiliar