Dirty and Rowdy Fall 2019 release

I received the email for the release, and having never purchased D&R wines before (or ever tasted them!), I was curious if anything in this release is a must in terms of representing D&R well. Any advice is welcomed and appreciated!

Shay, haven’t tasted them, being 2018’s I bet they are all awesome. If I absolutely had to pick one it would have to be Rodnick (formerly Antle). Maybe Hardy will jump back in and give his thoughts.

Tom

Rodnick and Evangelho. I’m personally also quite curious about the Carignan, but D&R is a Mourvèdre winery, so you have to start there!

Thanks, Shay! You grabbed a great mix. I hope you love the wines.

The release letter will go out at 5AM PST / 8AM EST. I’ll probably try to grab a tad more sleep this AM, and then I will be online most of the day and Jenn will be helping out as well.

I have shown the wines to friends and colleagues a few times in the last week and I love how they are showing already.

Order in for a mixed case

In for a mixed case too

Never tried a D&R wine before. In for a 6-pack.

Mixed case of the two Mourvèdres and the Carignan.

I am sooooo out of storage but could not resist. 2018 + Hardy = Awesome.

Tom

In for some chenin and carignan!

In for a mixed case.

I just wanted to pop in and say a huge thanks to everyone. [worship.gif] [worship.gif] It has been an exciting AM and I’m working to respond to as many emails as possible.

Quick PSA- We are 50% sold through the Old Vine Carignane and Rodnick Mourvèdre. We expect the Carignane will be the first to go.

[cheers.gif]

9:30am. half gone. a real shocker. guess I better get my act together.

You too eh?

Just got my Quivet/Myriad yesterday and it’s on the garage floor while I ponder where I’m going to put it and a couple other cases.
65598D5B-C0F4-4826-A8C2-493F84149CF8.jpeg
So what do i do? 2 of ea D@R.
I have a sickness.

I’ve been on the mailing list for a while but today is the day I finally placed my first order. After reading so many good things about the wines plus the posts from Hardy Wallace, I don’t know what took me so long. But at least today I’m happy to have put in an order for a 1/2 case, two of each of the reds. Can’t wait for shipping season!

My wife is gonna kill me if I don’t stop buying wine but y’all have too many great things to say about these guys! Excited to try them out!

Hardest part is deciding how many of each without going overboard. Though from different regions/vineyards, this reminds me I have to see what I have left from 2011, 2012 and 2013. I really enjoyed those Santa Barbara Highlands and Shake Ridge bottles back in the day.

It’s my first year ordering from you guys and I decided to go for a mixed case - what do you recommend for drinking windows given I have 3 of each?

Would be awesome to find some of the older Shake Ridge stuff, looking forward to hearing how those are coming along.

A lot of first time and new buyers- Thank you!

If you did just sign up and you do not see an allocation, please zap me or Jenn a msg at info@dirtyandrowdy.com - we are both connected to that account today and we can get you all up and running.

Jeff- The Rodnick (formerly Antle) this year really reminds me of some of the aromatics from '11 & '13 Santa Barbara Highlands Mourvèdre. It is super intriguing!

Thank you!

My current drinking window thoughts
2018 Chenin Blanc ripping now - 2023 / 2024. Try some this year for sure.

2018 Rosewood Carignane now - 2030 (maybe longer?). For a mid weight wine this has incredible old vine concentration, great tannin / structure, and mouthwatering acidity. I wish we had a lot more as I think people will want to both consume a bunch in the short term (1-2 years) and then bury a bunch in the cellar.

2018 Evangelho Mourvèdre
potentially indestructible… Now - ??? Even if this wine is popped early, there is so much wow, pleasure, and energy here. That being said, I think this will mature at a geological pace. I hope to leave a bunch of the '18s for my kids (3yrs and 8mos) Try one this year and try to stash the rest.
2018 Rodnick Farm Mourvèdre
Now - 2028 - This is the wine people will have a hard time keeping their hands off. It is probably an 8-10yr wine (it will not be as long lived as the Evangelho and I feel like it is a tad more delicate than previous vintages of Antle), but I doubt many will remain that long. In the 3x I have had it opened with all the other fall release wines, it was the first one empty, and the one most talked about. It shows so much spirit right now- I think this is a great wine to introduce people to D&R.

Thanks again for all the support!