Dipping our toes in Oregon Pinot (not literally)

Here are even more wineries to check out. And +1 on Bethel Heights they really are cranking out some lovely wines.

www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148411

This has been helpful, as I, too, am dipping my toes in Oregon pinot. I bought three bottles last weekend (Cristom Eileen, Evesham Wood Temperance and Beaux Freres) to join my lone Arterberry Maresh. I had a 2011 Arterberry Maresh and a 2008 Beaux Freres last year, both of which I enjoyed quite a bit. I’m somewhat limited by my local selection (I looked for Patricia Green, for instance, but no luck), but I do remember seeing some of the names listed in this thread.

:slight_smile: agreed on quick hit lists, it’s an area where groups feedback definitely helps.

Dom. Divio is a small Ribbon Ridge winery run by Bruno Corneaux, who worked for many years for Laurent Montalieu but makes very different wines at Divio. And while I am very up on my high horse about the ability of transplants to make wines with soul and interest vs. wines of technique, Bruno has lived here for years and worked with a very, very wide range of fruit sources at NW Wines with Laurent.

He’s also a really nice, and humble, guy making some really lovely Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.

+1 on the Bethel Heights SE Block. It was my favorite of BH wines for years and provided me with some of the very best bottles of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir that I have ever had(93, 96, 99). Somewhere in the 2001-2008 range I had a streak of ridiculously good bottles of Flat Block and it’s my personal buy now(if I can find it), but both are tremendous examples of unique terroir in Oregon.

Some of my favorites are: Privé, Lenné, 1789, Walter Scott, Thomas, Colene Clemens, Ayoub, Brick House, Et Fille, Johan Vineyards, Kelley Fox, and J. K. Carriere.

It’s been many years since I tried a BH Pinot. Seems like I should revisit. I’ve tried their Chardonnays in recent years, and none of them moved me.

The 2005 SVDs crushed it. Lovely wines. I also fell pretty hard for the 2010 Justice. A number of tasty 11s too. One of those producers that I rarely stock up on…and years later catch myself muttering: “should’ve bought more of that one”.

RT

Thanks for the recap Marcus. I’ll keep an eye out. Neighbor of Ayres and Armstrong?

RT

Coria Estate (Rori Coria was my 2017 winemaker to watch)
deLancellotti
Brittan
Elk Cove
Elevee
Winderlea

Like your list!

Yes, Domaine Divio is right across the street from us. Great wines, including his Chardonnay. The Pinots are nicely balanced and textured, and have definite gravitas. The estate fruit should come on line this year or next. Also, Bruno built a beautiful tasting room. Why didn’t I think of that? [dontknow.gif]

Domaine Serene, White Rose, Archery Summit, Penner Ash (they also make killer Viognier) off the top of my head.

Had the 2015 Goodfellow Pinot noir a few months ago and it was showing really well.

Doug, “don’t give up your day job”. You’re perfect as a gentleman vigneron. [cheers.gif]

A la prochaine.

RT

I guess Trimpi doesn’t want to lose the free prostate exams?

Nice. Just for that I’m going to drink all of your Pet Nat. champagne.gif

It’s OK Ron, no need for jealousy. Some quality Burgs could help you advance from the waiting list. [snort.gif]

RT

I have nothing of value to add to this thread. Just wanted to say the title was amusing.

That reminds me; whatever became of that case you were holding for me? I sent in an order form and then another email several months later asking what was up (don’t think you ever got back to me). That was back in Nov. 2016 so no worries if it’s long gone! I just forwarded you the email exchange. If you still have it let me know – not sure if you were kidding or not. I’ll get you some money if it’s a go. What’s the best drinking window for 2015 pet nat?

The bathroom window???

(Kidding)