Dinner #7 Los Gatos/Santa Cruz CA group all welcome

This is just to create a new thread to start the discussion for a May or June dinner

All welcome

3 Likes

I’m interested and probably Howard as well if local to LG.

I’m in if timing allows, on either side of the hill (not around during the second half of June, and on a bunch of individual days before that).

Update

I’m cutting out all winecentric events in my life for the rest of 2024, now that I know I’m ADHD I see how much of my wine drinking has to do with unconsciously seeking dopamine when I thought it was just about good things with grear people. I need to find dopamine elsewhere but with kids across the country and being retired, Ill be starting from scratch. I’ll leave this thread up for someone else to take over.

George

Real sorry to hear this George but glad you are making the tough decisions necessary to get you where you want to go. I guess we will have to look for other get togethers that will work for you. Is music still OK?

Anything is OK that’s not intensely focused on wine. Wine being there is fine complex older wine gets me really excited. Mediocre wine, or any other alcohol, does not. I’m low dopamine ADHD and when something is excited my dopamine rises to normal levels and it feels really good and whatever made it rise – conversation, helping others, tasting and talking about interesting wine— my brain wants more. It’s awful having low dopamine, exhausting, and now that I’m recently diagnosed I can’t mask it any more, I see it happening.

Best of luck, George, and thanks for the update. We can soon plan a dinner with bad wines, or no wines, for that manner.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear George. I’m glad though that you’re making adjustments. All the best with this challenge, and please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.