Different capsules in Coche Corton Charly

That last bunch of bottles I have drunk in restaurants in Burgundy have the gold capsules.

Pretty cool video. You can see the labor intensive bottling by barrel, at least the corking is mechanized.
http://winehog.org/video-from-the-cellar-of-coche-dury-1076/

William, pardon me, I should have clarified my hodge podge scenario as certain grey markets areas where parallel importing takes place and bottles are sourced from diverse markets.
We once got a half palate of Dom which turned out to be diverted from Mexico’s allocation. I know in the past, here in the Bay Area, there were a few organizations bringing wine in from various European markets–my personal business experiences. Lots of bottles locally with different strip.

Hi Richard these came from three suppliers. Two were from France and one through the UK which also happens to be the white capsule.

That in itself i suppose would explain it but since others have have said they’re getting white and gold from Kermit and the same supplier its a little confusing, unless of course, the ex-Kermit bottles are from the secondary market? The white capsule itself could also have been from France before going through the UK.

Was this mystery ever solved?

This is funny. With a German wine there would be a secret code.With a Burgundian he just ran out of one color.

Coche has long admired Markus Molitor and is simply trialling an extremely simplified form of coded capsules :wink:!