Denver Recs?

Hi all, Will be in Denver for the first time next month (just a few days) and would appreciate any great wine bars/restaurants to check out (staying in the Central Business District). TYVM!

not wine related, but go to meow wolf to have your mind blown

Last time I was in Denver I had great experiences at Tavernetta and Sunday Vinyl. They’re both Bobby Stuckey joints. Both are downtown right at the train station. I took the train from the airport and had lunch at Tavernetta, and on my way out had lunch at Sunday Vinyl. Clara at Sunday Vinyl is super friendly and provided great hospitality!

1 Like

Dinner at Tavernetta is a great recommendation. The River North area (RINO) has blocks of artist murals you can easily walk, and a stop at Imprper City for drinks, and food trucks and coffee is a fun stop on their large patio. Drinks at Death & Co. are awesome and not far away. Recommendation can help here. Don’t have wine recommendations as we hit the cocktails or local beer places.

1 Like

I hope you have a great trip! Let’s see … Velvet Cellar on Wynkoop … common for “best of” lists is dinner at Tavernetta or (less espensive) Sunday Vinyl.

I love the food at Barolo Grill in Cherry Creek but their massive wine markup (often over 5x retail, like a $32 wine marked up to $175) is just abusive.

The Kitchen and ChoLon are great options as well. Generally excellent food and service and have always been able to find some interesting and reasonably priced wines to try.

Food: Sap Sua, Wolf’s Tailor, Safta, Fish N Beer, Denver Biscuit, Uncle

Drink: Noble Riot, ESP HiFi, Yacht Club

Beer: Cerebral, Crooked Stave, Ratio, River North

1 Like

Thanks all - will be going through and trying to squeeze in as many as possible between work meetings

1 Like