Delta Skyclub

So you can get a bottle there and take it to go? I’m guessing you can’t open it on the plane…

ymmv
some have had success getting to go bottles, some have been told only for on-site consumption

LAX still has the 2006 Dom for 10,000 miles

2006?

1 Like

Yes, 2006.

On the plane, you can try giving a bottle to the flight attendants and asking them to serve it to you. They may agree or not. I’ve done this successfully in first class and occasionally in business. I used to do it all the time before the liquid restriction, but have only tried it a few times since then when something decent was available for purchase in the airport air side.

Vino Volo would be the best place to try this, probably. <$170 09 cristal would be nice.

I like to get 5-10 cpp for sky miles with the great promos they’ve been tossing out lately. Can you just buy the bottle there? If so, how much?

1 Like

They were selling them for $200. The miles seemed like the way to go to me. We had a pretty long layover so had time to enjoy the bottle before our next flight. I didn’t ask about taking one with to see if we could drink on the plane. I’m guessing that really depends on the flight attendant, but it’d be good to try since Delta never seems to have anything decent regardless of where you’re sitting on the plane. They were pouring Prosecco in business class.

2 cpp isn’t so bad, just depends how many sky miles you have, I guess.

‘04 Salon when I flew from Tokyo to San Francisco the summer of 2016. Hibiki 17 year as a self serve pour in the snack cubby near the First Class bathroom was also quite nice… champagne.gif

Wow. How did u get 10cpp for skypesos?! Share the secret pls.
That means you got a $2k ticket for 20,000 miles!

Edit: in case tone doesn’t convey. I’m not doubting. I’m genuinely interested to know how! [cheers.gif]

Delta one to Europe; just gotta find a flight that suites your dates. There are some dtw-lhr and jfk-lhr for 80k pts ow; cash price is $7900. With flash sales you can get them even cheaper but the timing may not work. Virgin America has very low prices too for LHR/jfk but any flight leaving London has high fees. I think there were some main cabin flights for 15k pts ow but you had to pay $250 as well in fees. Cash price for those is 1500-2k.

Or just pay cash for rt tix when prices are $200-300s out of jfk. First Class on Delta isn’t a big deal.

1 Like

the Seattle main Skyclub is awesome and feels new even after 3 years

Man prices are good out of jfk. From Seattle I’ve not seen J/F for 80k. :’(

Never mind. I don’t want to hijack this thread

Delta Business Amsterdam to Kennedy today with just an awful selection:
Champagne Canard-Duchene Brut Cuvée Leonie
Louis Max 2018 Pinot Noir
Catenary Agrelo 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon

1 Like

That’s pretty typical for American carriers, they need to step it up.