Delta Skyclub

Color me Impressed! champagne.gif

You bring your own stemware on a plane?

Not to same when flying bus class Cincinnati to Paris. Not bad, but not top drawer by any stretch of the imagination.

Sure.
We usually bring a two pack of Riedel Os when on vacation. If I’m bringing them on a trip anyway they are already in my carry-on. Why not use them if I can?

Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque Blanc de Blancs 2002
IMG_5770.JPG

Sarah, that’s awesome. I just read this aloud to my wife to prove that I’m normal in this pursuit. Or, at least not alone!

I am told JAL pour Salon in first at times.

Awesome idea!
Which ‘O’ do you carry?
I like the idea of the Champagne one but might get more use out another.

We have the syrahs, which we consider the most flexible for all the wines we might drink on a trip. We don’t drink syrah, really, so it’s a bit funny. We just like the shape.

That’s funny–I thought the Syrah glasses looked like the best all-around shape as well.

Great minds indeed think alike!

They are really good for travel. We rent a lot of apartments through Air Bnb etc., and they almost never have anything like decent stems. After a couple of times buying glasses out of frustration, we decided to carry our own. We get a kick out of using them on flights - only in First or Business, of course - and have pulled them out on trains as well - Bento boxes and a bottle of great sake on the Shinkansen deserve better than plastic cups! The O’s are safer to carry and the little box is the perfect size and shape for a back pack or smaller carry-on when you’re checking a larger bag.

Wow, can I flip my 600k+ miles on AA?

they used to all the time. I had 99, then 02 in JAL first back in 2013 and 2014. Now, just ex-tokyo and I believe only on specific routes

I am hopeful for LHR to Tokyo. next year. Key is though to drink it while on the ground. Champagne at altitude is not quite the same.

don’t believe they served it as a PDB. In the air only

I love you guys. This thread is hilarious. Exhibit A when we are tried in the court of public opinion for our punctilious, nerdy and insufferable hobby/obsession!

[cheers.gif] champagne.gif

Are you paying 10,000 points/glass or for a full bottle?

From the “menu” it looks like that’s for the bottle.

BTW, how does one access this? Only if you go into Delta Sky Club (either as member or while flying and getting benefit)? I have some SkyPesos to burn and this is a better value than most award tickets these days.

yes, only inside a SkyClub, but possibly not all SkyClubs. I am assuming only those with staffed bars, not the clubs with self serve only.

of course bottle… for a glass would be robbery. lol