De Negoce offer (Part 2)

In for this one as well. (I’m not doing well so far this year to limit 2022 purchases…)

I’ve spent a bit of time considering 453… I ended up purchasing a second case of 447.

3 Likes

I’m in for a sixer of 453. Splitting a case with my bro in law.

1 Like

200 cases of #453, is probably the correct quantity for the dN list currently?
If you don’t want too much inventory, selling out at T1, may be ideal?

A reduction in production to maintain the winery’s premium prices

Cheers & Sunny Skies! :wine_glass::wine_glass:

2 Likes

Surely, anything’s possible, but I believe for previous lot n.429 Source Guess is more likely Elizabeth Spencer or Vineyard 29, but it’s been so long now I can’t remember why.

1 Like

If the difference b/w 6 and 12 all in wasn’t so drastic I’d buy 6. The way you doing it is how I’d have done it. I already don’t really have FOMO anymore w/ dN.

1 Like

I’m with you. I’m pretty sure it would be impossible for me to miss out on dN at this point. The overall positive comments on the wines as they start to come around are encouraging (it finally is 2024 so drinking many of them isn’t silly at this point). But if I have fear of anything at this point it’s that the wines will all be pretty good, but my guests and I will be totally sick of me opening another identical looking bottle of wine (I don’t know an acronym for that fear). The other thing that has me encouraged is how good the '14 sleepers are drinking right now.

3 Likes

When you say “'14 sleepers”, what do you mean? Thanks!

And 453 is sold out…

FODO - Fear of deNegoce Overkill

3 Likes

Decanting dN is equally good for label fatigue and impressing guests :grin:

Edit: missed 453. Forgot to look into it.

2 Likes

Pardon the interruption, but today’s Full Pull offer, $20 Starside Cabernet Sauvignon, reminded me of a de Negoce offer. This is likely Columbia Valley, but primary source is Discovery Vineyard, Horse Heaven Hills, winemaker, and history of brand, and this wine is known. I have never tried the previous versions, but has solid history and reviews on CT and pros.

2 Likes

“Sleeper” is the house brand for lastbottle’s mystery wines. They generally trade at a higher price point than dN and the WA bulked out wines, but it’s still the same model. The fact that their '14’s which were meh five years ago are really good now gives me hope.

5 Likes

Oh cool. Thanks.

No chatter on Lot 452 Chardonnay…?

1 Like

Hi Tim,
The fact that the 2023’s are coming available is good for us.
I suspect that in another 12 months the 2023 REDS will be coming available!!!
I continue to make space and hoard resources (capital) in expectations of my renewed excessive FOMO purchases of the 2023 reds…
BTW,the upcoming 2024’s will need tank space too, oh joy!
Cheers to everyone & Tim Ballard. :wine_glass:

2 Likes

Scott,
Not much of a buyer for myself now, My curiosity is some friends have interest. Mostly Chard/Rose/Pinots only.

Cheers, Tim

1 Like

Does this feel like another Wilson Cab like 399 and 404 to anyone else?

1 Like

This one definitely has my interest and if related to 399 (which we have really enjoyed the qpr of) it sounds like a good buy. I’ve been holding off on recent vintage purchases waiting for the 2023 wines to start snowing up but this may get me off the sidelines.

2 Likes

Sonoma County fatigue? I love that the lid has been loosened on offers, but I don’t think I can do another 2022 Sonoma cab… Unless the offer says that it is the exact same winery as Lot 68

I’m hoping this is an indication of some really amazing offers in the Summer For some high end, Napa offerings.

2 Likes