Dallas Meetup?

Hello Berserkers,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Wondering if there are any regular or scheduled meetups in the DFW area? From some old threads I’ve seen a few recent attempts but nothing concrete.

I have little to no wine friends, and my lovely wife has politely requested that I “get rid of all of that damn wine in the new baby’s room”, so I need an excuse to open several bottles (other than my regular excuse- just being a semi-degenerate). Happy to organize or co-organize something if there is nothing already in the works.

-Ian

Hey Ian,
I am fairly new as well and there is a Dallas group that tried to get together but to no avail. What area in Dallas do you live in? We should try to get the original thread started again and try to do a tasting get together.

Stuart

1 Like

@StuartH ,

I’m in Las Colinas but happy to meet anywhere in DFW. I can’t find that original thread- could you tag me in it?

-Ian

I’ll do that now!

I would be up for a meetup in Dallas. Live near white rock lake. May be able to do at my friends wine store on skillman. The wine therapist

That would be awesome! Should we try to set something up in the next couple of weeks? During the week, including Friday, would probably be best for me. I would be good to go after 5. I hope something works out!

Stuart

Let me talk to him. Could you do a saturday afteroon say 1:00 or 2:00? Or a sunday?

It really depends on the weekend as I have two girls in sports and other activities. This upcoming weekend I’m actually pretty free both Saturday and Sunday. Let me know your schedule and lets try to meet up. Maybe we can extend it out to the group to see if any others want to join. Look forward to meeting you in person!

Stuart

…and here it comes. Scheduling. :wink:

I also have young kids so evenings are generally better- however I could make a Saturday around 1pm work. How is 9/23?

Hi guys

I need to get over to the store to check the schedule and will come back with some dates that are open. Will most likely be a weekend thing. I have not organized one of these - do we want a theme or a minumum price point on the wines? Just asking. Looking for advice from the regulars that go to Classic, etc. Thanks

1 Like

We can use the store for a meetup on Saturday 9/23 at 1:30 - 4:00 if that works for people. The owner has requested I collect $5 to pay for a helper for clean up, washing glasses, etc. Please let me know if you are interested in coming so I can get a count and any input per my previous note would be appreciated! Thanks

Well this date got blown up. There is a tasting there on thate date. Open to another date but not alot of interest it appears.

Hi David,

Thank you for trying. I am happy to try for another date- maybe towards the end of October? I am open the 21st if that works for you.

-Ian

I am in Dallas, Preston/Royal area, and would be interested in meeting up. The 2 WB people I knew in Dallas moved in the past few months so would be interested in making new contacts.

1 Like

I’m in Ft Worth but also interested!

I know the date got blown up, but I’m 1.5 miles from that store, so I’m in whenever we get this rescheduled.

1 Like

Hi Stuart Well that’s handy, you are even closer than I am. I live on Coronado behind the LCC. I will re-look at the calendar and see if we can get something together. Thanks

1 Like

Somewhat off topic but does anyone have a BYOB restaurant in Dallas area they would recommend? Last time we did BYOB was pre-Covid. Cafe Urbano was decent byob but we have not been there is over 10 years.

Hi!

Were you guys able to make this happen? Anyone interested in another scheduling?

-Sam