Coronavirus and Summer Travel

England and Ireland in June, no plans to cancel at this time, but we have a few months.

With mean, not means.

In your case , are mean (some would say).

Meanness.

COVID aside, congratulations Jorge!

We don’t have to travel, or wait for summer. Corona virus is here in King County, WA.

We are going ahead with travel to So. America next week. (Not Brazil, where there is the only recorded case on the continent).

Thank you Counselor!

Indeed, Jorge. Bury yourself on Mallorca. If if have to be stranded, I know a couple of places in Deia and Porto de Polenca that will make you forget about ever coming back.

Shoot, and here I was hoping that if we do get quarantined it could be in Andalusia, Lyon or Beaune.

Thanks Dave. Happy to take notes of the points of interest in Mallorca nonetheless.

Italy trip planned for end of April. Flying into Milan and out of Rome. Studying all my arrangements I’m sure it would be feasible to reschedule without losing much of what I’ve already paid, just the hassle of rescheduling. Like others, I’m more concerned with getting back home rather than the virus itself. We’ll make a a decision at 30 days out. Still keeping an open mind to going, but if it’s still a level 3 travel advisory we’d look to reschedule.

I have lost my 14 month planned Rome/Modena/Bologna/Orvieto/Casserta/Naples trip to the Coronavirus yesterday. Was March 31-April 15.
Sad as it was with both of my adult children.
Delta gave a full value voucher until end of year so they were great. My biggest hit was small tour operations in Modena and Bologna. No money back whatsoever, so a loss of about $400. Some of the better operators I have dealt were Viator, Booking.com, EatWith and With Locals. My AirB&B in Rome was a total refund as there was never a fee attached and the room in Modena a $15 fee. ClassicTic gave m a 70% value voucher for an opera for the next year, about $50.

Franco Pepe will have to wait
Balsamic vinegar will have to wait
Parma ham will have to wait
Parmigiano Reggiano will have to wait
Rome is Rome and will wait for no-one.

:slight_smile:

Booked for Spain at the end of June and don’t plan to cancel unless the situation changes drastically. Or unless the restaurants we want to go to shut down. :slight_smile:

I’m in the same boat, Greece trip planned for the last two weeks of June. Hoping things are a little more under control by then. So, as of now, still planning to go.

Scheduled to leave for Hawaii two weeks from today for Spring Break with my kids, aged 11 and 14. SFO to Big Island. Booked a few months ago, still planning to go as of now.

Scheduled to fly to Vancouver in June, holding off on booking flights. Scheduled to go to Caribbean in July, holding off on booking flights.

I’ve got work travel to Oahu March 31 - no change of plans there.

I have a work conference in Vancouver March 30-April 3. As far as i know this will not be cancelled (less than 500 attend), but a lot could change. As far as I know there are no cases in Vancouver, are there?

High school trip canceled .

Yesterday, my university pulled our spring break-study abroad to northern Italy that was scheduled to depart next Saturday. Thursday it was a go, by Friday afternoon it was off.
My daughter is scheduled for another mission trip to the Dominican Republic March 9th and I wish she wasn’t going. It is still on, with the suggestion the kids wear masks in the airports (which is meaningless).

Since summer in the Northern Hemisphere is after April, we will all be safe.
While that is winter in the Southern Hemisphere, the real virus experts do not care.