Copenhagen (NOMA) & Stockholm Trip in July

We stayed at the Marriott, which was undergoing some renovations but this did not directly impact or bother us. We just wanted to be by the water. And we live in a city so we like walking (easily walked several miles a day). We used public transit when needed since we had the pass.

2 Likes

But did they have Swedish fish in your room :smile:

Wow what a food town! My wife and I just spent a weekend in Copenhagen at the tail end of a work trip she had to Paris. We walked like crazy, 10 miles one day and 18 the next. Boat tour, castles, Tivoli, just a stunningly beautiful city.

Marv & Benn
Restaurant Barr
Torvellallerne Market

All super worthwhile.

2 Likes

No Swedish fish, just daily chocolates

We stayed there as well in 2019. Nice modern hotel in a mostly convenient location. Was nice to be along the water. Great views from our room.

Makes me happy to see these reviews of Copenhagen :smiling_face_with_tear: looking forward to going home for a visit in June

As a danish visitor, I have to say that hotels typically can compete more than well in price with AirBnBs.

*my friends all have babies now and haven’t upgraded their apartments, so sometimes it’s easier to stay separate.

1 Like

Not to derail a thread, but we’re considering a trip in March to see the Northern Lights. It starts in Stockholm, so very interested in the Stockholm recs, and it ends in Helsinki. Anyone have restaurant or wine bar recs for Helsinki? Also, has anyone gone from Helsinki to the Baltic nations, and how did you get there?

Not sure how high probably to see the Northern lights unless you go further north. To the restaurants in Stockholm - the advises further up are still solid. Franzen is the peak of course and the other options are rather modest in comparison, though nonetheless great for wine lovers.

I went to Restaurant AG some months ago, great if you are in to meat and they have a rather attractive wine list. Even more so considering the weaker SEK at the moment.

Didn’t visit myself but a friend talked up sushi sho and lilla ego.

As for the Baltics, I think most people tracking to Tallinn would take the ferry. I guess the same applies to Riga, however with Vilnius more inland I would guess flight is the easiest… the Finns will be able to chip in with more solid intel.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Yes, the tour flies us way up north in Sweden. We then cross over into Finland and fly south to Helsinki. We’re thinking about tacking on days on both ends, which got me to thinking that maybe we could also cross over and hit a couple of Baltic states.

You gotta meet up with @Otto_Forsberg and crew!

2 Likes

Yes, a daily trip or a one-night trip from Helsinki to Estonia is easy. Takes couple of hourse one-way by a boat.

We can also arrange for a tasting or something - that’ll be more interesting and cheaper than any wine bar! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

So glad to hear you enjoyed your time here in Copenhagen. As a Copenhagen resident it is always super interesting to hear how people experience the city.

Yes, I would definitely go back including to explore more outside of the city too. The public transit was very convenient.

And to add to my note about the Ved Stranden wine bar above, the wines served came in Zalto Denk’Art glasses according to my (poor) photos.

1 Like