**Closed — THANK You!!!** Sun Break — Willamette Valley Pinot Noir & Vermouth — 10-50% Discounts + BD13 Raffle

Vermouth order in … so excited to give this a try!

Now I’ll have to see if lime twist is better than lemon!

1 Like

Have you used the vermouth for a Manhattan or Negroni?

In for the 6 pack. Nice find last year, really enjoyable!

1 Like

Negroni yes, fabulous. I have a red vermouth, coming soon(!), that will be for Manhattans— the rosé is too light for the whiskey (or especially bourbon) and perhaps not sweet enough and 3% RS….

1 Like

Hi
Never had these wines before but love Oregon Pinot

Does anyone have comments or comparisons?

1 Like

Excited to try the Pinots and the Vermouth!

1 Like

Thanks Dan! One thing I want to point out re: the lack of cellar space. Anyone can contact me to order (using BD13 deals) and have me hold shipments for as long as you like. We have a great wine storage facility that we use: 58F constant climate control and cheap (20cents/month/case and we don’t mind picking up these costs : )

For these “virtual cellar” deals, contact me (i.e., don’t purchase online). Reply here and I’ll find you via your email link in your WB profile. Thanks!

email sent for NJ Customer here

1 Like

Hi Richard,

I am not great with tasting notes, but I can tell you David makes a beautiful pinot.

These are modest-alcohol, very nuanced wines.

One of the really interesting/fun things about the Sun Break wines is that you can try wines from the same vineyard, same vintage, and same winemaker, but with a different wine making process. (100% destemmed (the Collette), 100% whole cluster (Ariane), a a mix of the two (Marie Paule).) It is a fascinating, and quite tasty exercise.

I would definitely recommend getting a couple of bottles of each to try side by side.

And, thanks to this board, I was able to try a beta version of his Vermouth, which was like no other vermouth I had had before, and fantastic.

You will be very pleased with these, and the prices are amazingly good for the quality you are getting.

2 Likes

Picked up my Cortell-Rose 6-pack. I’m looking forward to tasting against each other to compare the impact of the difference in levels of whole-bunch.

1 Like

Thanks for the information and notes - much appreciated.
I think we’ll have to give the 6 pack of pinot a try.

1 Like

Rather than have you make the 40 mile drive I directed the order to a friend in Manhattan. Thanks!

1 Like

I certainly appreciate that! Sent you a shipping/timing question…

Richard, I’m not great with notes, but I love David’s wines. They’re not big, not overly oaked. They taste fresh and the fruit shines.

1 Like

Email sent (CA). And I finally broke down and created a WB account after lurking for way to long (I fear for my wallet now).

1 Like

Thanks for the post and compliments Dave. Besides your wines being exceptionally tasty, you are a hoot, as well. Happy Berserking!

1 Like

Thanks for the wines and very excited to try the vermouth!

1 Like

Thanks for the wine and vermouth, looking forward to it.

Thanks Tom, Jonathan, Daniel, Max, Mark, Jay, Todd, Tony and Ellie!

This is so true. One of the things I love about David is that he found a killer vineyard that spoke to him (Cortell-Rose sits opposite Brooks’ estate vineyard and is owned/farmed by Jessica Cortell, who’s one of the most in-demand vineyard managers in the valley) and then set out to figure out how to express it in different ways. All of the wines are really good, and as a set they’re a study on how terroir shines through and also how much winemakers can change its presentation.

1 Like