Christopher Tynan Live

Anyone in? The kajillion point (and dollar)/teeny production 2014 Cabernet and Syrah are on deck, as well as a non-vintage Cab/Syrah blend called Le Sucrier Velours.

Never tried it but his Cabernet has a great reputation as a future star bottle, his 13 Syrah was spectacular and great QPR even at $70

I wonder if the Meleagris gallopavo Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon in the Le Sucrier Velours is from his first vintage, namely 2011, that he held back. Given that it’s mountain fruit, even 2011 would be good!

I’m supposedly going to be in the “Second Wave” of buying opportunities but, depending what I’m offered, I’m going to buy. I don’t often buy “blind,” but I’m intrigued by what I’ve read.

That’s an interesting possibility, especially given the reasonable price. If anyone knows for sure, go ahead and correct the CT listing, which is currently “Bennett Valley,” taken from the Judge Syrah.

I think this is one mailing list you cant pass on, pedigree is outstanding. Its not a board darling because not enough people know enough about it but based on the Syrah alone its epic.

I was almost all in, only bought a partial case of the blend

What’s price point

$235 for cab
$70 for syrah
$35 for blend

Well damn - Looks like the blend will likely be sold out by the time I get access. Thats disappointing. Cab is probably out of my price range though.

Cab is totally worth the freight. I’ve been in for 2 previous vintages and this is a special wine. Only 84 cases to go around. Seriously great juice.

Bought an allocated 3-pack of the Cab. Ouch!

Took a flyer on the blend. With Realm tomorrow and MacDonald in a few weeks need to allocate funds for those.

What is the style of the cab? How do they compare to the wines he makes at Cliff Lede?

In for a 3 of the blend. Let’s see how good this stuff is. Maybe I’ll grab the cab if I’m impressed.

Grabbed a 3 pack of the Cab. Really excited to try these And hopeful to join the first wave moving forward as a previous purchaser.

Cheers

As a general statement, his wines are more opulent vs. the Clif Lede wines. A local has a large allocation of Tynan wines and some limited release Lede cabs. Have tasted them side by side a couple of times. For me, the Tynan wines are a serious step up.

I went in for the blend and syrah.

Out of the cab unfortunately- debating on the blend or syrah. Not a huge syrah fan so on the fence. But nervous if I wait I will be out on future cab purchasing opportunities.