Chris Freemott's Zaltos & Grassl

I’ve never used GGG, but if you’re choosing between those two Grassls for a single all-purpose glass, Liberté all the way due to the wider opening and less severe taper. That said, I’m a huge fan of the 1855 and Cru for my reds.

Great feedback Dave, and that’s exactly what I’m looking for. I have a zalto Bordeaux but like the precision of the smaller GGG’s even for bigger reds.

Unless anyone else has addiitonal thoughts, I’ll prob give the Liberte a whirl [cheers.gif]

Liberte, Liberte, Liberte!

For bigger reds I definitely prefer the 1855 over anything else. It’s THE glass for me.

Ordered some more 1855s after seeing this thread. Love the glasses.

I agree, I’d opt for the Liberte too (and I did, just buying 3 mlre of it).

Thanks all - order in for Liberte!

Pumped to try it [cheers.gif]

My champagne glasses showed up today. Guess they were back ordered. I’ll report back

isn’t Cris dreamy ?

Rich;
Liberté.

Yes Nicholas. I am. LOL. Goofball.

1 Like

Order is in! Excited to try it Chris - thanks for the great WB discount!

Love my Grassls. Use them almost daily. Picked up a few more glasses from accidental breakages, and sprung for the new champagne and water glasses. And the decanters are by far my favorite decanters ever. Keep two in the rotation with a third still in the box as a reserve!

Picked up some back up 1855s, 2 Cru’s (never had them before), and a back up Liberte (love them for lighter reds, rose, anything on the patio, etc.).

Thanks, Chris! I ordered a couple of the 1855’s to try out.
The free shipping made it a no-brainer to try out.

1 Like

I think you’ll like the 1855s–I used to use Zalto, as well as Gabriel Glas Gold for big reds (as well as some chards), and they are now my go-to’s.

1 Like

My go to glass for red is the 1855. No question.

But I also like a white every now and then. So, for white, should I get a the LIBERTÉ or MINERALITÉ?

If you drink Burg/Pinot, Piedmont, White Burg/Chard, or Champagne, you need the Cru glass. It works for others, too. I like it better than the 1855 for most reds, although I just received the 1855 recently.

For whites, I haven’t tried the Mineralite, but love the Liberte. I think the Mineralite has a smaller opening, which wouldn’t work for my nose [cheers.gif] .

I brought all the grassl over to Todd French’s house one night about a year and half ago and we tasted the same wines across the lineup.

Todd said the same thing about getting his nose in there but loved the wine in that glass.

Saw him two weeks ago at dinner and he had the mineralite in his bag. :joy:

And Frenchie has a cabinet of Gabriel.

I’ll let him correct any misunderstanding by me. LOL

Liberte is my go to for whites.
Cru is my go to for reds.

That said, if I know the wine is big and bold – 1855. If I know the wine is very acidic – Mineralite. I’ve been known to pour into a different glass if I realize I made a mistake. We’ve even done glass-horizontals for people (blind) and they thought they were drinking different wines!

I have four of each and rarely touch the Riedels anymore.

I’ve looked a bit for this but couldn’t find anything. Are there care instructions for the Grassl polishing cloth? I was going to assume it’s cold wash and hang dry. Thanks!