Chinatown, Thursday, January 4th

Event has evolved, it is now in Chinatown, Manhattan.

Thank you.

Dan Kravitz

1 Like

Unfort, Iā€™m out of town then, but have been. Nice spot.

This is Andre Mackā€™s place. Went for a dinner with Kurt Zalto. Decor is great. Food was tasty and appreciate what heā€™s trying to do with domestic high-end ham production. Andre tries to highlight good domestic stuff (we had some wonderful cali pinot and Ultramarine) so makes sense those things on the menu were well priced.

@Dan_Kravitz I can pull this off if it is still happening. My wife might make it too. Let me know which day.

1 Like

Hi Joe,

I think weā€™re a go. Iā€™m a little surprised and disappointed not to get more takers, but I guess most Berserkers are looking to bring wine, not buy it at a restaurant.

Iā€™m penciling in Thursday, but Wednesday still works for me. Iā€™ll be with my Friend Eileen. Great if your wife can come.

Hoping some other board members will chime in. Iā€™m a Ham Guy, have had three of the ones on offer and they are terrific. And the list is really reasonable for people who like wine with bottle age.

Anybody else? Any preference for Wednesday or Thursday?

Thanks.

Dan Kravitz

Hi Joe,

Well, I guess itā€™s four of us. If this still works for you, Iā€™ll call them and book for Thursday January 4th at 6PM. Please have a look at the wine list and tell me what you find of most interest. Thereā€™s a lot of stuff under $100, plenty under $200, I probably wouldnā€™t want to go much higher. Iā€™m open as to what types we drink, I think thereā€™s some good values in the Bordeaux blends, but Iā€™m open to Cab, Merlot, Zin or even Pinot.

Please let me know. I appreciate it and look forward to meeting.

Best,

Dan

@Dan_Kravitz Sounds great. We are in for the 4th!

Our domestic wine knowledge is limited. These few below caught my attention, but we will mostly defer to you on this. We drink mostly red, but Julie would love a sparkling if you know anything good and affordable on the list. I like aged zin, and if you have some things that you think will be good that are less expensive than the wines below, the less expensive the better!

1986 Markham Cab - $135
2007 DeLillie Cellars Proprietary Red ā€œD2ā€ Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot - $160
1999 Ravenswood ā€œPickberry Vineyardā€ Red Bordeaux Blend - $160
Any of the older Ken Wright

Joe,

All of your suggestions are right in my wheelhouse, Iā€™d already noted the DeLille.

Iā€™m hoping somebody else will chime in, Iā€™ll give this a few more days, then book a table for 4. There are definitely some killer Zins at a better price point. Iā€™ll suggest one after some study. As far as bubbles, the 2012 Argyle Chardonnay has the right age and is priced right. My Friend Eileen is a hard-core red drinker, but could be talked into a glass of sparkling Rose. Rhys has made great Pinot Noir from Alder Springs and Iā€™ll bet the ā€˜Under the Wireā€™ Rose would be excellent.

See you soon.

>>>OTHER BOARD MEMBERS, PLEASE JOIN US!!!<<<

Dan Kravitz

2 Likes

& Sons takes reservations two weeks in advance. Iā€™ll book for 4 next Thursday unless other people chime in.

For Zinfandel, theyā€™ve got Monte Rosso, a really great old vine vineyard. '99 Louis Martini is $95, '97 Villa Mount Eden is $75.

Dan Kravitz

1 Like

sounds great

Donā€™t sleep on their late harvest list. Some interesting california oddities thereā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve booked the table for 4, 6PM. We can probably still accommodate other folks, please post or PM if interested.

Phil, I donā€™t drink much dessert wine any more, just looked at the list and youā€™re right, thereā€™s a lot of cool stuff. The only Port-style half bottle with any age is a Pinot Noir from Oregon?!? If weā€™d gotten more people, I could be in for something.

Dan Kravitz

1 Like

Hi dan

Just noticed this. I really like &Sons and would like to join if still possible

I see they have some Laurel Glens on the list ā€¦

And they use Josephine Hutte glasses so thatā€™s an added positive

1 Like

Iā€™d probably be there 6:15 at the earliest though

Hi Jay,

That would be great! Iā€™ve currently booked for 4 people at 6 on Thursday. Please confirm and I will call them right away to see if they can accommodate. Would you be 1 or 2 people?

Thanks!

Dan

I would be one person

If they donā€™t have space donā€™t worry, not a Big deal

Just left them a message, Iā€™ll be very surprised if thereā€™s a problem. Look forward to meeting you after reading your posts all these years.

Dan Kravitz

1 Like

Ditto :slight_smile:

@##*%!!!#@$%!!!

& SONS CANCELLED THE RESERVATION. THEY ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, PROBABLY THIS SUMMER!!!

My Thursday is now extremely up in the air, if somebody knows a good BYOB Iā€™ll come down with some good wine.

Dan Kravitz

damn. That is a shame. Are you looking in particular in BK?

Oh well.

1 Like