Chateau Latour (Bordeaux) new release

Ch. Latour is releasing the 1st wine - 2016 vintage & the 2nd wine Les Forts de Latour, 2018 vintage, the release will be on March 18.
The announcement did not mention the price.
Anyone interested can contact us if you are looking to purchase.
William Gladstone Imports - New York or Honolulu

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Waiting to see how they price it.

Here is an update I got -
Latour will be releasing their 2017 vintage this year, holding back the 2016 as they haven’t deemed it as ready yet.

This is a 50 year wine so it’s not like next year or the year after makes any more sense. More likely, they’re waiting for a stronger market in which to release.

2 Likes

Good point.

Latour 2015 was released at ÂŁ525/ bottle and is down by about 7% from that price.

But there is also an opportunity cost of holding.

1 Like

They should have just sold it in 2017 along with everyone else and put that money in index funds.

1 Like

FWIW multiple merchants have told me that Latour would be releasing 2017 and not 2016.

Dinesh, nice to meet you,
We represent the Chateau with an “Exclusive” on the 3rd Cru, Pauillac…
So we communicate about matters,
They sent me an email over the weekend that states
18 MAR 2024
TBC -LATOUR 2016
TBC -FORTS DE LATOUR 2018

I speed read and often miss important points, I just looked up TBC,
(which most of you probably already know) To be Confirmed…
I was unaware of this and think, how 2nd class of them!
I’m tempted to phone the Chateau, but living in Hawaii, the time difference, is such,
and today I did wake up at 4 AM,
I should say good nite, as I’m a path of not nice things.

I’ve been so busy with the 2022

No worries. Appreciate you keeping us posted.

Yes, I guess there is a first for everything.
Although I do not like it, you must admit it is a smart move on the Chateaux part.
The market is so weak, why should they release a great vintage to an audience not in the mood.
So they notified me today it is the 2017.
Without bothering to give me my cost.
Forts de Latour will still be the 2018,
I’m trying to get final prices and large format…

1 Like

If They are trying to time the market, it may work or it may not. Market may go up or go down. By holding the wine they are trapping capital, which has a cost. So they are betting that the market would go up by more than what their opportunity cost is.

Considering the ownership of Latour, that’s an easy bet to make.

Dinesh
I cannot get comfortable with this new system,
the Latour is being released next week, I think on the 18th, we’ve been promised severral hundred bottles, Magnums, and attempts for 3L & 6L as we have clients who regularly purchase those sizes.
We add about 15% to our cost