Charlotte

any updates for charlotte in 2023? going in may for a work trip and may stay an extra night. last time i was there i went to haberdish, kindred and good eats on something. kindred was the best of the three but i barely remember what i ate.

staying in downtown. a buddy who moved down there wants to go to fig tree which looks fine but sedate and old school. any other ideas? cheap or place for a night out?

1 Like

I would second Supperland as mentioned above. Fig tree is solid but if you want somewhere less old school that still has a decent wine list, Supperland is probably the move.

Also would recommend Bar a Vins, not a restaurant but in my opinion the best wine bar in Charlotte and a great place for a glass of wine. They do have some light snacks like charcuterie and caviar. Itā€™s run by a former Somm and I can say Iā€™ve never had a bad glass there. If you go for a glass dm me, we live down the street and are pretty much regulars there

That looks like a solid wine bar. Thanks for that.

1 Like

mitch and othersā€¦a friend and i are going to fig tree in the end and weā€™re planning on stopping by bar a vins after.

can i bring a bottle to fig tree and pay corkage? looks like theyve offered it in the past. if so, whats the best shop for a good selection of burgundy or something a bit more modern than their list?

Hope I not too late with this reply. Iā€™m not sure about the Fig Tree corkage but as far as decent wine shops Iā€™d recommend either Petit Philippe (on Selwyn Ave), Bond Street (Providence Rd.) or Foxcroft (several locations).

2 Likes

Iā€™m probably too late, but bar a vins is probably a good recommendation as well. And depending on your path to Fig Tree, it might be your closest option.

Itā€™s been years since Iā€™ve dined at the Fig Tree, so you probably need to call them regarding corkage. It was allowed and encouraged before the pandemic.

For future reference, there are lots of great dining options near bar a vins in NODA. For an inexpensive meal, I always recommend Cabo Fish Taco and the Tavarua Tuna Tacos for folks visiting Charlotte. Supperlandā€™s sister italian restaurant, Ever Andalo opened about a year ago. I went to the Will Hoge/Wild Feathers concert on Saturday night at the Neighborhood Theatre and NODA was crazy.

Sorry dropped the ball here and totally missed this. Hope you guys had a good time. Did fig tree let you bring and pay corkage?

funny enoughā€¦the trip never happened. i got into a road bike accident 2 weeks before and just wasnt in a position to travel.

ill be back in charlotte at some point as my company has a big base there. will try these recs and reach out if im at bar a vins.

Oh no! Hope it wasnā€™t too serious.
Sounds good and let me know if you make it out there