Chardonnay Suggestions

Vincent wines- Chardonnay

There’s a lot of good Chablis for under $30, particularly if you catch a sale. You can frequently find Chablisienne 1ers from WTSO at under $20. Last Bottle has 2016 Besson for $19 right now, shipped if you buy six (almost bit but never had this producer so haven’t… yet). I bought a couple of cases of Louis Michel Mountmains for I think $17 last year, Droin 1ers for under $15. Chablis has some ridiculous deals. It’s like a lot of things, if you’re paying those high prices outside of a restaurant you’re doing this wrong.

It’s a matter of personal preference, of course, but a check of wine searcher shows loads of availability of chardonnays from Jura I would gladly drink at $15-30, in particular Rolet and Pont de Breux.

They have the 2015 Copain Les Voisins for $20 as well. That’s the middle bottling and priced below the low end.

And they’re actually really good, if not occasionally outstanding.

So why not stick with Ceritas. They make great white wines.

Well, there is that $20-$30 per price point in the OP… neener

Would love to drink a $70 bottle of wine every night but not sure my wife would approve. Maybe after making an attending paycheck for a few years.

Buy half as much and stick with the Ceritas. They are fantastic with a few years on them. Try out some of the less expensive suggestions, but get on the Ceritas list and stick with it.

try as many wines as you can and judge for yourself, these days there is so much wine out there any smart person can find lots to love, cheers

Matthiasson Linda Vista Vineyard

I love this thread, it’s really hard to find Ceritas quality under $50.
If your looking for to taste other quality chardonnay on a 20 to 30 budget you have to hunt. I bought 2 Rivers Marie Thrieriot B for $30 each on the commerce board here from Tom K, also acquired 2 Brewer Clifton chardonnays $21 each from winebid. Then to top all that(I’m out of control), I bought a case of aged chardonnay from someone that stores wine were I store mine, 12 bottles for $400 with names like Kistler sonoma mtn, Pahlmeyer(jayson), Shafer, Plumpjack Reserve, mtn Eden and several I’m drawing a blank on.

Christian Moreau Chablis
Dublere Bourgogne Blanc
Bernard Moreau Bourgogne Blanc

This +1

Also, Copain’s Tous Ensemble series is around the $25 mark, but laureles grade is worth the upgrade.

Val de Mer is about $25 as well.

Excellent suggestion. I’ve had this many times. I think it’s $28.

While not on that level…because let’s be honest; there are times where you can only get so good for under $30. However, having said that I was really pleased with a 2015 Lioco Chardonnay Sonoma County we opened tonight. Bright, fresh, balanced, and a very nice wine for under $30.

Neyers 304 unoaked. Have had several self proclaimed Francophiles slurp this up for $25ish range.

Lioco is another good suggestion.

Au Bon Climat, Copain Tous Ensemble, Sandhi (not sure of their lowest price point), Ladd Cellars, those are some other places to look, domestically.

There are good Oregon options but I’m less experienced there. Cameron and Brick House have wines in that price range.

I’ve seen some Liquid Farm chardonnay for $25-$30 on sale recently at several venues, and that’s a really strong wine for that tariff.

For <$30, Ojai’s Chardonnay’s are good value too.

We offer an Oregon Chard at $28 which is silky and beautiful. :slight_smile: