Changing Bordeaun't to Bordieu

Dennis, if you want to avoid smelling pencil shavings then I’d avoid Pauillac. To me it’s one of the most common notes I get from Pauillac.

Yeah, it’ll take a strange turn of events for me to drink Left Bank on any kind of regular basis. I’ve already taken a little ribbing over that from various members here and in my wine club about my association with elementary school detention and Lynch Bages.

Dennis - I think you will really love that 90 Talbot - the past couple bottles I have had have been in a very good place, with plenty of life left. If you like funky burgundies, I think you might dig the Cordier funk from that era as well.

funky.jpg

Lynch Bages is a Paullac, which many here have suggested that you skip. But, try other left bank wines before you condemn them all. Try St. Julien (tend to be lusher with more fruit), Margaux (commune, not just estate) and Graves before you give up on left bank.

Also, making blanket statements about wine generally makes one sound silly in a year or two, even to yourself.

I’m drinking the above mentioned 2009 le Bourdieu [Medoc] now. It’s 13.5% abv, and shows some incense, iodine notes. Medium bodied, good balanced cranberry/cherry fruit, with some slight tannin on day 1. Day 2 those have slunk off, but just a bit of freshness/depth has also retreated. I would consider this to be a point. It reminds me of Greysac’s of my youth - another merlot heavy left bank. For those who might consider the vintage characteristics of 2009 to be OTT, I don’t think that consultant driven style leeched into the more modest estates like these. I picked this up some years ago from K&L and they always have a huge spectrum of midweek BDX for those willing to try them.