⚡ Championship Bottle⚡ Electric White Wines (and Now Some Pinot) from the Willamette Valley

Wine Berserkers has been a very special place for me—I’ve been here since October 2009, though I don’t post often, despite Marcus’ best efforts. I’ve learned so much about wine from members of the forum and built some really awesome relationships, as well. I want to thank you all, but especially Todd and the mods+BerserkerDay team.

Who We Are:

We (my wife and I) are a very small (600 case) winery (renting space in the corner of Vincent Fritzsche’s facility in Amity). Starting in 2018, we set out to make thoroughly uncompromising white wines of impeccable quality, which reward age and are geared towards drinking with food. We’re loosely inspired by the wines of Friuli, which we think shares a vinous link with our little corner of Oregon, and our bottles have bright acidity and mineral-driven personalities.

"Saul Mutchnick makes small batches of stellar white wines at a corrugated tin outpost in the Eola-Amity Hills. For me, they are among the best in Oregon.” - Michael Alberty, The Oregonian

The Offer (Short Version):

In the past, we’ve done a sneak peek for the spring release, but this year there’s finally a little wine in the warehouse, so I’ve put together some six- and twelve-packs with deeper discounts, plus there are six mini-vertical packs so (a few of) you can taste how the wines evolve over time…and I reloaded a few more wines at BD15 pricing.

Oh, and we’re gonna sneak peek one wine from the upcoming spring release: You+Me+The Moon, a Pinot Blanc/Gris/Chard blend that’s one of the more delicious things I’ve made.

Shipping is a flat $25 on any size order, and discounts will automatically display in the webstore.

If you have any questions about the wines/the winery/etc, feel free to fire away in this thread!

Take me to the wines!

The Offer (Continued, With Some Winery Detail, etc.)

OK! So you want to know a little bit more about what we’ve got in store for you…

Six-Packs & Cases for BerserkerDay:

SOLD OUT! Thank you all soo much! The Persistence of Time We’ve dipped into our (smaller than it should be) library to highlight how the wines are evolving in bottle. Contains one each of 2019, 2020, 2021 Gravity’s Pull Chardonnay, and one each of 2018, 2020, and 2021 Hard Promises Pinot Blanc. $185

Greatest Hits (& One That Will Be) A twelve bottle collection: Two bottles each of all of the wines we made in the outstanding 2021 vintage (Lost Coastlines Pinot Noir, Gravity’s Pull Chardonnay, Hard Promises Pinot Blanc, David+Veronica White Blend, and Broken Radios Red), plus two bottles of our upcoming white blend, 2022 You+Me+The Moon—at a nice discount.

Greatest Hits (& One That Will Be) (Remastered) A twelve bottle collection: Two bottles each of 2021 Hard Promises Pinot Blanc, 2021 David + Veronica White, and 2021 Lost Coastlines Pinot Noir—plus three bottles each of 2022 Lusty Little Crushes and our soon-to-be-released white, You+Me+The Moon. All at a nice discount.

I Should Have Bought More Lost Coastlines Bought and loved the 2021 Lost Coastlines Pinot Noir? Wish you had more in your cellar? How about a six-pack at our best price ever. $186

I Should Have Bought More Lusty Little Crushes Bought and loved the 2022 Lusty Little Crushes Red? Wish you had more in your cellar? How about a six-pack at our best price ever. (Should I hire a new copywriter?) $114

Individual Wines at BerserkerDay Discounts:

2021 Hard Promises Pinot Blanc SOLD OUT as an individual item. We’ve got a few left in the new Greatest Hits set. 2021 Hard Promises is precisely what we’re after when we make Pinot Blanc. Only two barrels were selected for this bottling and they have the raciness, minerality, and ageworthiness we’re after from the moment we pick the grapes. If any of our wines has a cult following, it’s this one—and a quick glance at cellartracker shows that it blossoms after time in the cellar. Limited: We had some of this allocated for distribution, which fell through. The new vintage comes out this spring, but boy is the 2021 drinking well now. Full retail is $35, but it’s $28 for B15

SOLD OUT!2021 Gravity’s Pull Chardonnay. As always, this wine hails from the ungrafted vines at Dion Vineyard, which are approaching their 35th birthday in the Laurelwood District AVA. It’s telling that across Europe, producers who are lucky enough to have ungrafted vineyards prize them supremely for the je ne sais quoi they seem to provide. Every time we taste Gravity’s Pull, we think that must be happening here, as well, and are grateful to get to work with the vineyard. Fermented in older oak barrel and puncheon, then aged further in stainless steel, it shows the combination of flinty reduction and minerality wedded to enough fruit to help it pair with a wide variety of foods. We’re able to keep this under $30 for y’all, inflation be damned. Full retail is $37, but for BerserkerDay this is $29. Also limited.

2021 Lost Coastlines Pinot Noir Made from Block Eight of the Moshier family’s stunning Fir Crest Vineyard and fermented 100% whole-cluster. When we started out, we swore we wouldn’t make Pinot “just because”—but the character and quality of the wine from this site was just too compelling that it had to join the lineup. We don’t think there’s a better site in the prestigious Yamhill-Carlon AVA, and this Pinot shows the dark-and-red fruit dialectic, electric vibrancy, and slightly Nebbiolo-like structure that sets it apart as a true top-tier Willamette terroir. We debated pricing this in line with “prestige” Yamhill bottlings in its quality-class (aka $60-$75+) but fundamentally we’d rather have this in your cellars in enough quantity that you can drink it over time. Retail is $42, BerserkerDay Pricing is $35

2022 Lusty Little Crushes A co-fermentation of Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris. This is the spiritual successor to our wildly popular Broken Radios, and, like that wine, is full of delicate cherry, dark raspberry, and red-currant fruit. Lovers of Beaujolais or Frappato will find plenty to love here. While it may not be the most intellectual wine we make, it certainly seems to perform a magic disappearing trick once bottles are opened. This is $26 at full price, but just $21 for BD15

And the sneak peek at the spring release:

2022 You + Me + The Moon An homage to the fresh, electric white wines of Friuli—where blending grapes to combine their individual strengths is a long-standing tradition. Made from Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, and Pinot Gris, it’s a delightful wine that’s capable of aging for a half-decade, but we won’t be able to keep our hands off it for that long. Full price will be $28, but it’s $22 for BerserkerDay

Shop all the deals!

And if you want to read more about the wines…

THE FINE PRINT:

We mostly use Vinoshipper for fulfillment/sales and they can ship to the following states:
AK AZ CA CO DC FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MN MO NC ND NE NH NM NV NY OH OK OR PA SC TN TX VA VT WA WI WV WY.

If you don’t see your state listed above, email me at saul@championshipbottle.com with what you’d like and I’ll get you set up with an order that can be fulfilled through a third-party shipper. The flat-rate shipping deal still applies.

Free local delivery is available in the Portland metro area on orders of four bottles or more. Please note: local delivery will occur on weekends and/or weekday evenings at a mutually convenient time.

*All of these wines are bottled now and will ship as soon as the weather allows.

4 Likes

Good morning - I don’t see the case greatest hits in the store! Help!!!

Hi James—I’m so sorry! I somehow managed to check a box that hid it on the online store. You should be good to go now!

1 Like

In for a Greatest Hits - I loved lusty little crushes and can’t wait to try the whole lineup. Thanks for participating in BD!

Going to be checking out a few of these goodies for first time!

Just buy!

In for 18! Best wines I purchased at BD14 last year hands down!

Damn! Big praise and thanks for the support! Hope you love the new bottles just as much.

In for a trip to the Moon!

If any of you haven’t tried Saul’s wines, you should.

1 Like

Ordered a mixed case - Saul’s wines are a favorite around here, both on their own and as accompaniments with dishes that have otherwise flummoxed our attempts at pairings. Thai food? Great! Taco night? Done! Also when I fractured my ankle a couple of nights ago, my wife brought me the last bottle of Hard Promises that we’d been saving, as a form of comfort and therapy. (She’s a PT.) It was a good call.

Oh bummer about your ankle…but glad to hear that the Pinot Blanc helped soothe the pain a little bit. Also thanks for all the kind words (all of y’all). And love to hear it on the pairings front…we eat a pretty varied diet, cuisine-wise, and I’ve always tried to make wines that go with a lot of different things.

@Saul_Mutchnick Emailed you about shipping to AL!

I’m in for a case so Saul can afford a new jacket… :slight_smile:

He likes a short skirt and a long jacket.

Saul and Sonya are two of the best people in this whole world. The wines are fantastic and regularly on my table. Yes we share winery space and are dear friends, but it’s all true. You should check out Championship Bottle.

2 Likes

You just made Sonya your biggest fan…

1 Like

…and the Persistence of Time is sold out! Thank you all so much. We still have a few Greatest Hits left (and will re-jigger it once we run out of the [technically sold-out] Broken Radios).

I feel like I need more lusty little crushes in my life.

No surprise that you got me with the Willie Nelson. Greatest Hits…and One for the Moores. Next year maybe a Seconds-related bottle?

In for a mix.

Hard Promises
Gravity’s Pull
You + Me + The Moon