Champagne stoppers for Krug and Dom?

Weighs quite a bit, too, so it feels worth that, as well

But does it work on bottles that don’t cost $100+?

Really?? No one has EVER had to put a stopper in a Krug or DP??? Why doesn’t mine(both) work on these bottles?

Nope - never. champagne.gif champagne.gif [wow.gif]

I think you’re doing this wine thing all wrong.

As so many have already voiced their shock on the Krug / DomP leftovers, I’m happy to leave mine out of this.

However, I’d like to tell how a few years ago I was offered a glass of Champagne to taste it blind. I commented favorably on the great quality of the wine and after a few very wrong guesses I got it so close that the bottle was revealed to me (can’t remember which one it was, but that’s irrelevant information. Some good grower Champagne).

The thing here was that the wine was from a tasting this fellow who poured me the glass had arranged some 5-6 days ago. After that event this wine (of which approximately half a bottle still remained) had been sitting all open in the cellar, undisturbed. No cork, no stopper, not even that silly spoon inserted in the bottle neck thing. Just sitting there. When I tasted it, the wine was fully alive with bright bubbles and all. It hadn’t gone flat, it hadn’t oxidized, nothing.

So unless you need to close the bottle because you are moving it to someplace else, you might not need a stopper with a sparkling wine after all.

THANKS Paul B.!!! Works great! Although…I will be finishing this bottle no problem! champagne.gif

Works perfectly. Sometimes I shave a little away with a sharp knife to ensure a good fit. But it IS seldom that I have any leftover Champagne. I usually recork for transportation, or if we are out on the lake.

My mouth works great but I wouldn’t really call it a stopper…

My krug stopper from clos19 broke last night and looks like clos19 is no longer delivering to US. Anyone know a source for this or the Dom P one in USA?

I have a Billecart branded one that only has one swinging “arm” as opposed to two hugging arms … works great on every bottle/magnum I’ve ever tried it on including Dom & Krug

I use this one, too. Works on prosecco bottles as well. We rarely have champagne leftover, unless the nightcap turns out to be a bad idea. champagne.gif

The repours stoppers work wonders on bubbles as well!

Don’t let them make you feel bad about not going overboard drinking. One thing to drink more, another to shame people about being moderate.

A few years back, when they were selling the '08s, they came through town and handed these out. However, I never seem to have leftovers.
Unknown.jpeg

We have a winner!

I came to thank Mark for his rec on a champagne stopper but his post now just contains a period. Is he no longer on WB? The Crate & Barrel rec was great. An absolutely wonderful product.

Your fears are misplaced.

Or your worst nightmare is confirmed…

I just ordered 6 more because my friends and family have sticky fingers.