Hure Freres Invitation
Bereche & Fils brut reserve
Fourny & Fils blanc de blancs
Marion-Bosser brut rose
Vilmart Grand Cellier
Pierre Gerbais grains de celles rose

for starters…

this is a staple in my cellar. LOVE it

Won’t name those I sell, but here are 3Ms (producer names only, you pick the bottlings):
Moutard
Moncuit
Mailly Cooperative

Dan Kravitz

I’m on the fence about Giraud. I haven’t had the super expensive bottling, but I thought the Code Noir was a bit expensive for the quality level (maybe needed more time?). I did like the brut esprit, it was was solid for the price. However, it makes me hesitant to shell out the big bucks for the fut de chene or the Argonne.

I am with you. Haven’t had the two top wines but found Code Noir to be a massive vinous beast that is great as a curiosity but not something I would necessarily want to drink many glasses of. On the other hand I have enjoyed tremendously their Blanc de Blancs and Hommage à François Hémart and those I would drink happily by the bottle.

For rose, try this: Rose Champagne Recs Under $100 - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

For reasonably priced non-vintage Pierre Peters is a long time favorite of mine. I was happier when it was around $40 but it is still a relative bargain at around $50

This strikes me as an interesting comment. I don’t know as much as many here do about Champagne, but I consider this to be a on the racy side for Champagne; very clean and fresh and with a lot of acid to drive it, and just an accent note of yeasty autolytic. Whereas the others you mention are more about that autolytic character.

I should add that I agree with the recommendation though and really like this wine, and all of the Agrapart wines I’ve had. Also, as have been listed above: Pierre Peters, Billiot for a Pinot Noir Champagne, Ledru, Chartogne-Taillet, Jose Dhondt, and for value I’ve been drinking the Le Mesnil coop BdB NV and Ployez-Jacquemart NV.

Moutard makes a very fine bargain rose. You can periodically find it for sub-$30, which is a ridiculous price for the quality.

Also, Dan, I would be delighted to hear about the wines you sell as well. As long as the relationship is made clear, I personally find the info useful. But I know others get all bent out of shape over this, and if I were in your position I might take this route too. Less drama.

I don’t believe that’s what gets people bent out of shape. There are members who are ITB and regularly discuss their wines but do so in a transparent manner, and then there are those who seem like they’re trying to move product rather than trying to honestly discuss wine. Not naming names, just saying that it isn’t rocket science to discern the difference between those models.

Some have argued that disclosure is not enough – that it is inevitably shilling. I disagree but respect those who have that view. Personally, I think it deprives the board of useful information.

I knew and enjoyed Kravitz wines wayyy before WB so no transparency issue with me. If he didn’t like the wines he imports they wouldn’t be part of his brand.

Maybe some have argued that Neal, but I haven’t seen it. What I have seen is people taking issue with a certain type of post from those ITB where they dramatically talk up some off vintage as they begin to sell their allocation of those wines. I’ve never seen anyone take issue with those who say “I sell this BTW, but it rocks…” Maybe there are those who find any discussion by those ITB of their own wines to be schilling, but again, I haven’t seen anything like that personally.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Jeff, I scanned through the thread and did not see a response to your question, so… NVs 5-7 years old are still quite viable and will continue to evolve for many years. Remember, most are comprised of multiple vintages and each one is dependant upon the makeup of the blend. It gets to be a house style and history thing. Get with those who have a track record for longevity and you can easily go 20+ years out.

Having said that, I`m not a fan of oxidised bubbly at all. Many prefer aged champagne which does not necessarily denote oxidation, but there is a fine line between maturity and over the hill IMHO. And of course, after I make these stamens, there are many exceptions.

I`m calling your bottles good assuming proper storage and proper shipping and handling.

My 2cents on aging Champagne:

The interprofessional committee recommends drinking basic NV Bruts with two years of disgorgement and shipping.

I say that’s when you should start. These are some of the highest acid wines on the planet. Even if your priority is freshness and extremely lively bubbles, two years on the cork is not excessive. If, like me, you prefer some yeastiness and moderate mousse, 3 - 5+ years is a good wheelhouse.

Of course provenance, storage, blah blah blah.

Seven years for a good producer should be fine. Over 10 on the cork and you begin to talk more about wine than bubbles.

Dan Kravitz

Deutz NV ages well. I’ve got a couple of mags somewhere that are probably about ready.

Golden8wines just offered out the 06 taittinger Comte for $105 with decent quantity. That’s probably the cheapest I’ve seen since release. Right above the $100 mark but I think worth that extra $5

Is there just an unlimited supply of this wine?