Champagne price increases

I wish that were uncommon!

1 Like

Andrew was talking about $35-44. Not $200.

3 Likes

Exactly, The L’Or d’Eugene which sells in France for around the 30 € mark will jump up to 45-50 € mark. At that price there are much better options. The reaction has not been very positive at the moment which has for some reason surpised the producer. Perhaps ten years ago it would be difficult to replace or lose such a producer but today not a problem.

When I see what the new guy is doing in Courmas, who cares really? Also Dehours will be releasing a new line of champagnes from bought grapes at really interestng prices.

2 Likes

wholesale is now $47 pb, so typical retail will eventually be $60-$70

56 posts were split to a new topic: Quoting messages discussion

There was an offer today from B-21 for the 2013 L-B Levant Old Vine. $109. Now that’s a great price!

1 Like

Great price indeed, isn’t that below the cellar door price? Most I’ve seen are in 130-150 range.

2 Likes

No idea, Tom.

2 Likes

How does one avail of this offer?

That is a great price. 2013 LB VV du Levant is $107 at wholesale in Oregon.

It’s not that much cheaper in France…

Gosset Celebris 2008 recommended selling price 230 €, that is quite a jump up from 2007.

1 Like

2008 Billecart Salmon Cuvee Nicolas Francois coming out at $230-250, double the initial cost of the '06 and '07s.

Was just marveling at the same thing today. Feels like just yesterday this was a 100€ wine but I guess it’s just me getting old.

1 Like

Did everyone get the Aurelien Lurquin email from Lopa yesterday, good lord.

I could barely believe my eyes :eyeglasses: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

1998 was released at 173USD stateside apparently, according to the 2008 review by AG on the Wine Advocate site.

Ok so it’s been expensive on that side of the pond for a while already. I recall getting a bottle of the same vintage in Cave des Sacres for 75€ in 2012 but I realize that shop’s pricing was surely as low as it gets.

2 Likes

Interesting in the context of this discussion, plucking another example at random, Rovani lists the SRP of the 1997 Roederer Brut Vintage as 71 USD in 2005; today that cuvée is around 78 USD.

Don’t know if there’s any resource for historical pricing data that could give more teeth to this discussion?

2 Likes

We sold the 2007 Celebris at 120 €. Gosset have given a recommended sales price of 230 € for the 2008 Celebris.

I have always felt Gosset made nice champagnes but I don’t see this selling. For us an easy pass, even if it is from 2008.

3 Likes