Central Coast Trip

Just got back from 3 days along the central coast. Stayed in Pismo Beach again. The beach is great and I love the low-key frumpiness of the place.

1st day we tasted at Talley. Always a great experience here. Wines and staff are great. I liked the Oliver’s Chardonnay and the Stone Corral Pinot. They gave wine club members a complimentary cheese board which was nice. We had lunch at Jaffa Cafe in Arroyo Grande. Good mediterranean food. Next stop was Kynsi. I liked their Edna Valley and Stone Corral Pinots the best. We had dinner at Mason in Arroyo Grande which was excellent.

2nd day we headed to Paso. Stopped at a new place for us, Paix Sur Terre. Thanks for the Berserkers who make the recommendation to stop here. Didn’t have time to chat with Ryan as he was heading out when we got there. Tasting room manager was pouring and she was great. They had some really interesting white wines they were pouring. Tried a Vermentino, Ugni Blanc, and a Grenache Blanc. Enjoyed them all. The Mourvèdre wines were great too. Ended up joining the wine club. Stopped at Tablas Creek next. Wines are always solid here and not over the top like other places in Paso. Tasting room staff person was fine but I felt he was just reading from a script. Very nice but I felt nothing that I hadn’t heard before from previous visits. Our son Paul missed not seeing Betino (Niel Collins dog) :slight_smile:

The 3rd day we headed to Los Olivos. Stopped by Stolpman first. Great staff and tasting experience here as always. I liked the Para Maria red they were serving. I believe they have their vineyard staff make a few wines here. Very nice gesture. Larry wasn’t in yet so we went Liquid Farm while we waiting. Anthony was awesome. The opposite of the corporate experience we got at Tablas. Super friendly and did a great job interacting with us. I really like their Chardonnay and Pinots here. Last stop way Tercero of course. Paul kept asking about Larry all morning. Non-stop. Paul is 23 and has downs syndrome. He loves wines and making half court shots on the basketball court. :slight_smile: All the wines were great and Rebecca and Larry and super nice people. Wine were top notch as always. Pinot Paul gave them all 100 points. :slight_smile:

Great time and weather was perfect.

6 Likes