Cellartracker updated Values --

Post update, I learned that my bottle of N.V. Moet is now worth… $2,420.00

And I only paid $36 for it!!!

I’ll start the bidding and an even thou

And in case people were not aware: New auction data coming Thursday, 2/25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That particular auction value was for this: “N.V. Moet & Chandon Champagne (bottled between May & June 1922)”
Needless to say I have unlinked it from the general Moet NV.
I know you were just having fun, but pretty please, per the FAQ, could you also post over here: Wine Data Errors & Corrections" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eric, I have so much confidence in you that I figured that it would magically get “fixed” without my reporting it. I have come to expect your spider senses to tingle any time there is trouble.

Chris, no problem. I do refresh here (and eBob and WS and WLTV and UK wine-page and Jancis’ and even Tanzer’s forum) trolling for support issues. But just a little busy right now especially…

Eric, why not use WineSearcher valuations instead? Would seem to be able to price far greater numbers of wines, and more accurately…

Retail prices are prices that sellers would like to get. Auction prices are based on actual, committed transactions. The Wine-Searcher data is also not normalized or easily joined into a database like mine without man-years of efforts. However I am looking at also licensing retail pricing data from GlobalWineStocks.com to add to my valuation cascade presumably below the auction data and above the community data. Please see the FAQ for an explanation of the cascade: Automatic Cellar Valuation - CellarTracker Support" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hmm. Well, I’d still submit that the average Wine Searcher cost would be a decent indication of fair value, especially if there are more than 5 results. But I can see how the data integration would be a PITA, it’s hard enough manually searching on something like “Cathiard Romanee” and trying to figure out which are the RSVs, which are the village wines, etc…

Right, they are just a bunch of strings. There is not a normalized underlying wine name. But GlobalWineStocks DOES have this.