Cellar Tracker New Site

What is the reason you head back to the old site for? Mobile? Or graphical reports? (The old site doesn’t have graphical reports.)

Nick and Jordan,

Click MY CELLAR and then toggle to INDIVIDUAL BOTTLE view. Select all of the bottles and BULK CONSUME making sure to pick the *Delete without recording consumption type.

It works the same in both sites for now. Another big area we are going to go to town on in the new site are lots more bulk actions in the future and also not forcing you to be in the per-bottle view.

My mistake. The report section. Beta has always listed coming soon.

Joe, on the new site, on that coming soon page for graphical reports, there is a link right at the bottom to take you to the same page you would have in the old site. The reality of those reports though is that they are all things you can easily build using the SUMMARIZE BY tool. When we do the NEW reports, they will actually be more graphical, time based, etc. (e.g. show me the size of my cellar over time etc.)

That is a bigger effort, as I need to both create a whole new set of reports, and we need to pick out how we are going to generate graphs, pie charts etc.

Very cool Eric
I’ve bounced back and forth from classic to Beta for some time now

Geez Eric, I had no idea, I might need you to hold my hand through this. pileon

Eric, I realize you have lots of other things going on but as an fyi windows 8 on a touchscreen doesn’t play nice with any of the ‘pulldowns’ on the site (i.e. other vintages)

Andrew, we have heard reports that the hover/touch/click events are acting weirdly. We are trying to get a repro so that we can fix it.

Eric,
I have been using the “new” cellar tracker for awhile now and I am really enjoying the new interface. I am very much looking forward to all of the new features as they are continually rolled. A quick specific question (I don’t even think this is different from the old version) and perhaps a suggestion. When I am viewing my cellar and click on a wine (thus taking me from my cellar page to the individual wine page) to write a tasting note, I noticed that after I submit the tasting note it takes me back to the individual wine page rather than my cellar. As I am usually browsing my cellar to write notes, it creates an extra step to get back to the cellar view and write notes on additional bottles. I was wondering, is this something that can be changed in my settings (i have looked but perhaps not hard enough)? Thanks again for a great system, and count me as a happy user.

Is there a way to have ‘home’ set to show ‘my cellar’ instead of ‘wines’ as the default in the dropdown menu?

I get around that (and there’s probably a better way) by setting my startup Safari page with what I want to see. In my case https://www.cellartracker.com/list.asp?Table=Region. I don’t like it quite as well as I did with the old page, as it takes up more real estate (because of the addition of a RHS column for a potential tertiary sort), but I assume that formatting is probably user defined and an operator error on my part. Time to play with this I guess.

Just do one search targeting your cellar, and it should remember that from the Home page. Or if you click MY CELLAR at the right then the search focus shifts to your cellar.

Rob, there is a way better way to go. If you show then side panel then click ADD TASTING NOTE in the side panel. When you are done it will take you back to exactly where you left off in your cellar with the same wine selected.

Please read this Interface Overview - CellarTracker Support and specifically the part on the Side Panel.

I end up doing that each time, changing it to ‘my cellar’, but on next visit, it’s back to ‘wines’. I remember the former interface used to remember it - this one doesn’t seem to. Google Chrome

Due to some constraints of the new layout, we have to use uniform boxes which is not ideal for this view. I don’t have an easy workaround, but we do hope to introduce an alternate view that acts more like and expand/collapse-able outline.

I’ll take a look. It’s supposed to be more sticky. Are you logging out between sessions?

No - too much hassle to keep logging in

Eric, thanks for the tip! I will enable the side panels, and read the link you suggested. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Rob.

The scripts running on the new site make it pretty unusable on my ‘day’ machine. Locking it up every mouse stroke.
How do i get the old site back?