Cellar Tracker archetypes

THE *SSHOLE: You know who you are (but you probably drink only Burgundy).

THE GUY WITH A JOB: He has to work for a living, so he doesn’t have time to write tasting notes neener

Most are just funning a little. To be sure, I have committed mant of these CT faux pas, especially in the past. I have waxed rhapsodic, been verbose, been sanguine, used the word unctuous (see it enough it becomes part of your lexicon- I wish I could take it back anyway). I have used both first and third person in the same note, while possibly changing tenses. Sometimes I use masculine and feminine terms, olde English, maybe even a little German, or French. I get a little poetic at times, although, I have never used soliloquy, or iambic pentamiter, but I have concidered Haiku. Thank gosh I have never been glib… I have used lieu-dit improperly, which sends a red alert instantly to all Burg heads, who correct at light speed. My list goes on and on…

lol, good stuff here.

The “comment bully.” Need I say more.

Ode to Charlie:

The truth comes out now
Charlie is human no doubt
Cheers to you Charlie

Best I could do in 60 seconds.

Score/Note Disconnect Guy. “Fairly thin red fruit, adequate acidity, lacking the power and complexity I was expecting but a decent match with roasted chicken. 94 points.”

Humble Brag Guy. “2000 Haut Brion. Went all in for four cases en primeur, so I figured a Tuesday night was a good time to crack open one of the OWCs and see how the wines are progressing at this point.”

Nice Jayson!

Chris- kinda like your Score/Note Disconnect Guy. The Nose Knows No Flaws Guy. "Wet cardboard, mildewed rope, no fruit and a metallic finish. 82 points

Duh - What’s a flaw - This wine is nasty and undrinkable, tastes like musty cardboard. 60 pts

The score bone not connected to the note bone - This wine was the worst bottle of Zin I ever drank. Over the top alcohol obscured everything. 90pts

The critic critic: “I can see why [insert name of critic] gave this a 96, but for me it’s really more of a 95”

I lost track of the numbers so let’s go with [wow.gif]

1. The Shill: hypes wine after wine from the same one or two wineries like they’re the best thing sense pants with pockets. “Are you sitting down? Well you should be because this the best wine I have ever tasted. This wine proves that God does exist!”

Wine Pimp is it’s own genus with a multitude of different species.

Love the humble brag guy and the religious soliloquy guy

[rofl.gif]

Nicely done. I have done this on Delectable.

The Shaymus…

Of the 2012 Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon 40th Anniversary, JMDIDDAY wrote “Chocolate and blueberries” then scored it 98 points.

Maybe there just wasn’t enough chocolate for those last two points.

I dont think you understand the thread. I would guess at least half of this forum posts notes on CT. Some are probably making light fun of themselves. You do get that this thread is not poking fun at CT forum right?

Put as all on ignore, problem solved.

And his sibling, “The Gloater”:

“Drinking fantastic right now, wine of the year for me, glad I have 2 cases left”

I resemble your remarks blush

The Duplicitor : one who sprinkles made up scores on various web wine fora in the name of “fun” but who religiously posts their accurate score on CT.