Cellar recommendation - EuroCave FranceCave (Wine Enthusiast) vs EuroCave Artevino III (Costco)

OH WOW! Thank you!

1 Like

Huh, never did this with mine. Where exactly do you pour? “On the floor” sounds mildly terrifying.

1 Like

I guess so?

I’ve never done this, and if anything I have issues with my humidity being too high, so experiences might vary from place to place

1 Like

I added the cup of water to the bottom, but how often do we need to do this? Or is it one and done?

sounds like one and done?

Hoping the Artevino III has another surprise sale mid-year at Costco. Seeing it so cheap in the past and the changes due to inflation are painful.

1 Like

Me too. I am quickly running out of space and would love to pick up another. I almost always have a small shot glass with water on the bottom. It dries up after awhile. I have never noticed any issues with humidity.

I like the shot glass idea. That feels a lot safer (to me) than simply dumping water down there!

1 Like

I think it’s funny when people rage at the delivery drivers… it’s all outsourced. Our delivery went smoothly. They brought it inside and installed the handle. I tipped them generously with some cash and bobs your uncle.

Some people are flaming Costco because it says threshold delivery and some drivers will only basically drop it off at your front door.

My delivery guys were awesome. They went the extra mile and brought it down to the basement and placed it where it was going to go. I gave them a very generous tip and everyone was happy.

2 Likes

my Costco delivery was “easy” as it was in my basement that is accessible via my garage. But either way, they wheeled it into my basement room, unpacked it all, set up the shelves and took away all the plastic and other wrapping junk…even asked if I wanted the door reserved as it can be open left to right or right to left, but the way it came was sufficient as its a wide open area so we just left it as is.

1 Like

The box wouldn’t fit through the door so they actually had to unbox it and wheel it in. It seems like Berserkers are generous people :smile:

Cash tips imo is definitely not only a good way to thank them, but to “pay it forward” so that the drivers feel appreciated and keep being amazing.

are we still loving the Artevino III? my cheapo giant ugly fridge finally gave it up and i’m done throwing money after it. Costco has the Artevino at $2699, which is $100 less than the WE 300 bottle. it seems people like the Artevino more despite the lower capacity.

people have discussed buying the Main du Sommelier rolling shelves, which are now divided on WE’s site between “2023 and earlier only” shelves and the current shelves. anyone know the difference?

the Artevino III item site says it comes equipped “with 1 NEW display shelf and 7 universal, adjustable beech wood shelves”, and later on says

Accessories:
EuroCave 2-Pack Wine Shelves (item #240060)
Eurocave 2-Pack Display Shelves (item #125191)

so i’m not entirely sure what shelving is included or needed as an upgrade…

Can’t speak to the artevino but have the big WE 300 from Costco. Originally ordered in nov 2023 and already have had that unit replaced due to a very small coolant leak. Replacement was seamless thru WE but sucked emptying the entire fridge to have it inspected and then had 270 bottles on the floor for 10 days awaiting the replacement. Other than that like the unit and assuming the first was just flawed it does have good capacity and runs quietly.

Highly recommend the artevino from Costco. Currently own two of them and have had 0 issues with either of them.

Two here as well - only have them for a year but no issues. Replaced half of the shelves with MDS too but don’t know the differences with the new model

Was it hard to replace the shelves

Not at all, the brackets slide in/out of the slots pretty easily. It might be a little tricky at first connecting the MDS shelf to the bracket but once you do the first 1 or 2 it’s easy.

The harder part was trying to figure out the spacing in order to maximize capacity as well as what bottles to put on each shelf. For instance, I found for large Napa bottles it is best to just use the standard shelving, otherwise I can only fit 10 on an MDS. For normal Bordeaux style bottles I can easily fit 12 on an MDS AND space the rows one notch closer together.

The only issue I’ve had with the Costco Artevino fridge is humidity seems overall kind of low. The small print saying to add water to the base of the fridge is strange to me and I only found this step from another Berserker. I use wet sponges in the top and bottom drawers, but it run under 50% humidity.

We have a small fridge makeup fridge to extend the life of our moisturizers etc. and that runs at 55% humidity.