Cellar recommendation - EuroCave FranceCave (Wine Enthusiast) vs EuroCave Artevino III (Costco)

Hi, I paid around 3k. Costco does have a price match policy if they put it on sale within 30 days so I’m keeping an eye on it to see if it goes on sale.

Funny enough, Wine Enthusiast has a black friday sale on the EuroCave Professional 4000 ($3500, down from $4000). At just $500 more than the new high price for Artevino its got me thinking about it at least. Can’t find much info or many reviews of the unit though as it seems more targeted at restaurants (though it seems similar enough to the Artevino/base EuroCave). Any thoughts on that?

I think I’d still rather just get the Artevino if it comes back down, I just have a hard time believing a 20% overnight price increase is going to stick. It’s winter so we’ve got time to wait it out I guess.

In preparation for the next Berserker Day, my new ArteVino arrived on Monday. Bought it from Costco. Giving it 48 hours to settle and then filling her up!! [cheers.gif]

Just a heads up that the Artevino is on sale right now at Costco.com at $650 off ($2,349.99).

Thank you very much! I was so annoyed about this price going up, thought I would have to wait longer for it to come back down but alas you’ve inspired me to pull the trigger just now. Cheers!

1 Like

How are you liking the Artevino? And do those rolling shelves allow you to fit close to capacity even with non-Bordeaux bottles? I’ve been agonizing over wine fridge options for a long time (and missed out on a $1,500 1 year old Eurocave Premier ~180 bottle) - now I’m looking at either getting a 5 year old Transtherm Ermitage (182 bottles, $2k) or a new Artevino III from Costco ($3.4k now… thanks inflation)

I like my Costco Artevino
I get 185 bottles in there with a mix of all bottle types

You just missed a nice sale on them.

1 Like

I ended up going with the Transtherm - I’ve heard good things. One (probably stupid) question - where are the condenser coils on the Artevino? There is no front grill on this unit and I am looking at the back of the unit and kind find anything that resembles condenser coils - do freestanding wine fridges have a unique structure for that? I’m hoping this is similar to the Artevino (both made by EuroCave, both freestanding) because I can’t find anything online but you’re supposed to vacuum them frequently.

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Cellar recommendation - EuroCave FranceCave (Wine Enthusiast) vs EuroCave Artevino III (Costco):

I just ordered the Artevino III and being shipped to me in next couple days from Costco. Endless inflation … now $800 off at Costco and still costs $2,599. Not as nice as Pure or Revelation from WE but still good Eurocave quality and 3k-4k less after everything added up. I hope it works out.

Artevino is great. Mine holds temperatures very well, operates virtually silently, and fits a lot of bottles. Just know that the default wood shelves are just that, shelves for stacking, not drawers to slide in and out. You can buy those too, but honestly you can fit a lot more when you stack bottles, and I’m using the artevino for long term cellaring and a second kitchen wine fridge for the more “ready to drink” stuff.

2 Likes

Bumping this thread as I’m in the market for a large free standing unit to replace some built-in small cabinets that have failed.

The Artevino 200 is looking quite a bit more expensive than it has previously – currently listed at $3399. Meanwhile, Wine Enthusiast is running a sale right now that means I could get a La Premiere L for just a hundred dollars more. It’s listed at 230 bottle capacity, but in reality I assume it’s similar to the Artevino.

For anyone who’s had both, is the fit and finish of the La Premiere good enough to justify the premium, or should I wait for another Artevino sale?

Thanks!

1 Like

Eurocave Artevino is $300 off right now so its a few hundred cheaper than the La Premiere, not just $100. I’d also look at misc delivery fees to see how much that adds to the overall cost? You need to add it to your cart to see the discount.

2 years ago the Artevino went on a better sale I think on either Black Friday/Cyber monday or maybe it was even the day after Xmas, I forgot. This was the Nov/Dec '21 holiday period. At the time it was $650 off and the retail price was $3k. I think I’ve seen a few $500 off discounts this year but that is based on the 10% price increase too…

1 Like

Wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday. All of these units will be on sale at Costco/WE.

Appreciate it. Any quality of life/reliability/storage differences between La Premiere L vs Artevino worth calling out based on experience?

Recently purchased the EuroCave Artevino III this year and noticed the humidity seems low. I put my own humidity and temperature sensors on the top and bottom and found the unit runs warmer than the dialed in temperature and the initial humidity readings I were seeing was 34% and I put in a tray of water on the top and bottom and now it sits between 45-50% humidity.

Anyone else find their Artevino’s run that low humidity?

My Artevino III is going strong. Two years old, humidity stays right around 65% rh but occasionally spikes to 72. I never really open it as its at max capacity. I shrink wrap all my bottles that go into that fridge so i never notice moldy labels. My senor push hygrometer is calibrated twice a year. I highly recommend these units.

I picked up the Artevino III from Costco on 10/16/23 and listed $3399 with a $800 manufacture discount and a $400 store credit. Wound up being $2199.

1 Like

Did you pour one glass of water into the bottom of the cabinet? They hid that step in the manual but it is in there.

After doing that mine cycles between 55%-65% RH.

2 Likes

My Artevinos in my (air conditioned) Florida garage usually run 70-80% humidity. No water in the bottom.

I have not. I must have missed that in the manual. I put a cup of water one in the bottom and one in the top with a sponge.