Cayuse Open

Does anyone do a WB offline over there in Walla Walla in April on Cayuse release weekend? We went over two years ago, skipped last year, and are planning on going again this coming April.

I was commenting that when I hit reply for my order, no wish list page appeared. I do not recall if one appeared last year. I may not have enough history to qualify after only two years. newhere

That seems odd- there has always been a wishlist process after you complete the main order… I might try logging in again to see?

I believe the wish list is done with the original order. So if it indicates you have 0 allocation, you can request 1 or 2. If you have 1, you can request a second. I already went through the process so cannot now confirm this. Others who have not ordered yet should be able to tell us.

I’ll give them a call to clarify, thanks. newhere
Order in today. [cheers.gif]

When does the offering close?

5pm PST on 9/15 per the email I received.

Tom

I just put my order in… there are two screens in quick succession- 1 where you select which of your allocated wines you want to buy and then an almost identical screen with an added column you choose what you want to ask for on the wishlist (listing all of their wines).

Apparently, my Cayuse account has been suspended because I’m generous enough to share a portion of my allocation.

Just order what you want and then folks on the waiting list can get on.

Cayuse requires purchases of 3-packs for each wine, making that a bit harder than with other types of allocations.

Perhaps you missed the point. Cayuse locked me out of the store, before I was able to place ANY order, because I posted in Commerce Corner to share some of my allocation. Last year I was unemployed and sold/shipped my allocation to a friend. Because of Cayuse’s antiquated system, my previous year’s order was shipped to him and a “how do we fix this” ensued with Cayuse. My friend ended up shipping to me on his dime. This year, now employed, I could actually afford some, but not all, of my allocation, so why not share with members of this community who have been kind enough to do the same for me.

In for the following:
Armada Syrah
Cailloux Syrah
Bionic Frog
God Only Knows
Camaspelo
Impulsivo
Wallah Wallah Special Mag.

I’ll be wish listing Flying Pig and Widowmaker.

Good point.

Because the waiting list. What makes “members of this community” (who are equally capable of signing-up for the waiting list as are non-members) any more entitled to said wines than the folks on the waiting list? I’d argue the folks first in line on the waiting list have more entitlement to it than do others. Apparently Cayuse agrees with me. I know for a fact that many, including yourself, do not agree with me.

It sounds like Cayuse did engage in some sort of conversation with you about it — did they? Even if it was after the lockout? If “yes,” at least they explained it to you. Ideally, a winery will “work with” one of its list members for situations like this (i.e.: let you pass for a year without being dropped), but I certainly understand a winery that doesn’t want their list members allowing other folks to, essentially, cut the waiting list line.

Perhaps you should have just changed your shipping location.

I got this…

"Yes, Brian - it appears that your account has been marked ‘Inactive’.

No further information is available at this time."

Impulsivo
Flying Pig
Bionic Frog
Edith Rose
Cailloux
Camaspelo
WW Special #8 Mag

Gonna wishlist Widowmaker I think, or En Cerise.

Hmmmm … well, that’s certainly disappointing. Is that the extent of the communications you’ve had with Cayuse regarding this matter?

Yes.