Carlisle Virtual Zoom Tasting with Mike Officer--Thursday, April 30th @ 5PM PT / 8PM ET

Jay, since you drink in the street from over-sized bottles, you will not be given the link.

The event is going to be Thursday of next week at 5PM PT / 8PM ET. We’ll deal with the link starting on Sunday, don’t PM me yet!

So Thursday it will be. As with all the other Zooms, I have updated Post #1 with the basic instructions. Once you get the link from me, please, do not forward it. Thanks and look forward to seeing you all on Thursday.

PM on the way. I barrel tasted with Mike weeks before I finally got an allocation back in 2008. The ‘06 vintages was my first.

I’m digging up some old photos of Mike/Carlisle that I can post, along with some other visuals.

Got about 15 PMs already…keep 'em coming, folks.

Stay safe.

Everyone, I am talking with Mike tomorrow about the event. If you have anything in terms of requests for him, maybe what you’d like to taste with him, a story you would like him to tell or a focus you may want him to key on, etc, please post that here so I can kick it around with him.

We’re close to 30 PMs already so the event is really filling up nicely. Thank you for all the support and enthusiasm for these events. It continues to be a pleasure to help put these on with Todd.

I’ll be drinking a 2013 Papara, the last of the 6 I owned.

I would like Mike to touch on his drinkabiliy chart. The 2013 Papara original peak was until 2023. Now the peak window has shortened to 2021 by Mike in 2019. He makes so many wines and not all are regularly updated.

Does he have a rule of thumb or guide how to best use his chart? I also use pro review windows an cellar tracker drinking windows but if a producer is kind enough to post his own windows, I’d much prefer to use Carlisles guide first.

Looking forward to the Zoom and thanks for setting it up with Mike!

Just popped my last 2009 Papera last night and it was drinking fine. Great aroma, smooth mouthfeel and soft tannins. Might have to pop my last 2009 Pagani on Thursday!

Mike and I caught up today. He’s got a bunch on his plate surrounding shipping but said he would post here prior to Thursday regarding what he might be opening for the event. Please post here if you have any suggestions as to what you might want to see him open.

And, all the PMs are caught up, we’re at about 45 now. Good job everyone.

I’m throwing out the “your first Carlisle” challenge:

1999 Dry Creek Zin

2001 Gum Tree Ranch. Man, that was an incredible wine that aged really well. So sad about the vineyard :frowning:

Looking forward to Thursday, thanks for setting this up Frank!

2000 Two Acres. And I still have a bottle.

2010 Dry Creek for me. IIRC, I purchased at Binny’s right around the time I got off the wait list. And then immediately regretted not having bought more from the first offering.

I have 14s, Old Vines, Papera, DuPratt, Carlisle. Going to open the Old Vines for Thursday.

Deciding between:
2010 Carlisle Petite Sirah Dry Creek Valley
2011 Carlisle Mourvèdre Bedrock Vineyard Sonoma Valley

So the challenge made me look closely at my Carlisle numbers in CellarTracker. My first was a 2002 Dry Creek Valley Zin, now long gone. It appears my wife and I have consumed 387 bottles over the years and have 202 remaining in the cellar. That’s before I go tomorrow to pick up the most recent shipment. I sometimes think that may be too much, but was reminded last night by a truly stellar 2013 Papera Ranch Zin how much I love these wines.

Considering a 2010 Bedrock Mourvedre or a 2011 James Berry Syrah for the tasting.

Thanks folks. Another 10 PMs were waiting for me this morning, I have replied to all of them.

A few of you have said you sent one to me previously and didn’t get a reply. I typically process through these PMs 2-3 times a day, so you should not have to wait. A few of you too have said you were having a challenge with the process of sending PMs so if you don’t get a reply from me timely, send me another one.

I have had trouble with PMs too- but it was my error. I hit “Submit” and didn’t notice the error message that I was missing a “Subject”.

My first Carlisles were 2001 Dry Creek zin, and 2001 Tom Feeney zin. I was hooked!

My first Carlisle was a 2006 Somoma Zin in late 2008, so a bit late to the show.
But I have knocked down 286 bottles which makes Carlisle my most consumed producer. flirtysmile

My first bottle was back in 2005, which was a 2001 Riebli Ranch Zin. Man, that was a long time ago.

I still have a paper release mailer that Mike used to snail mail to his customers. I will show that in the event on Thursday. Bit of history there.