Carlisle Summer 2018 release

I told Mike that I want your ‘wish listed’ bottle of Alicante Bouschet. [berserker.gif]

Oh and jbv, almost forgot.

2 x PS
2 x Mourvedre
2x Grenache

FYI: I emailed Mike and he explained that there are 7,000 folks on the Mailing List, and only 946 bottles of Alicante and 1368 bottles of James Berry.

That certainly explains my allocation! I’ve only been buying since 2010- a relative newbie.

Don’t know what I was expecting, but 7,000 seems like a lot…I wonder how many actually order each release

I was allocated, and ordered my one Alicante. I tasted it back in March during a visit and was wowed, was hoping there wouldn’t be a lot of buzz around it and intentionally didn’t post any notes on it.

Let me introduce you to this guy:

planning on stopping at a case
No AB or JB for me either.

I hope people who weren’t allocated wines they want are asking for them on wish lists. I ordered my usual two cases (which matches my consumption, keeping my inventory at about 15 cases), but passed on the AB and JB. Two of my friends who have much larger purchasing histories than I do have both indicated they are cutting back, so there may be some of the hard-to-get wines available. At least, let’s hope they are for those who want them.

David

15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike WB conduct!

Bob, this post made me sad. Why aren’t we celebrating wines that create the kind of ‘wow’ or joy that comes from drinking them? I took a different approach, posting the photo of the Alicante Bouschet in the other Carlisle thread. I would rather get the one AB I am offered and share it at an offline and let as many people I can find get a pour of that wine.

Got 2 cases. Got lucky and got an AB and a JB. Been an expensive week.

+1 well said and I couldn’t agree more.

I did not take my allocation of JB. So, there will be 2 available. :slight_smile:

Between Quivet, Rivers-Marie, and the upcoming Bedrock, and Myriad, I’ll need to reduce my order a bit, but Carlisle is a favorite, and certainly the 2016 vintage seems great in Napa and Sonoma counties! I’ll be in for some Carlisle, Bedrock, and Papera zinfandels. I’ve never tried the Syrah, or the Integral, or Two Acre. Would it be prudent to get a few bottles?

I saw that too. I clicked the ‘View Offer’ link in the email to bring up the ordering page, filled it out, clicked Proceed and it zeroed everything out. I’m using the Opera browser. At that point I logged into the website using my login and password and filled it out again and it worked. There must be some quirks in the way the auto-authentication (from the email link) works with some browsers.

Yes!

Relatively new to Carlisle, how long do the zins go? 10+ years? Thanks.

Depends on how you prefer your wines. I’m currently drinking 2007 Carlisle Zins and Syrahs. Alcohol, fruit, tannins, and acidity integrate themselves into a sweet spot around 5-7 years. I adore older wines but you certainly could drink a Carlisle Zin the day it arrives and find some serious pleasure. The only drawback I’ve found is after around 7,8 years you have to be careful when you withdraw the cork. Even perfectly stored and cellared wines begin to have cork issues and the extra-long Carlisle corks can have a tendency to snap. Just break out the “Aw so” or Durand. Cheers, and welcome to the wonderful world of Carlisle.

Thanks Steve.

Will be holding them for a while. So far at 3 to 4 they seem to be getting better. Thinking the syrahs may go farther. Thanks for the heads up on the cork thing, thats sooner than I usually am concerned about. And no one should be with out an “Aw so”.