Can we stop these auctions

Does anyone really want these clogging up CC? Just post your list and be done with it

4 Likes

I’ve been curiously watching these auctions. No horse in the race.

Is your issue with the auction format themselves or the quantity of auctions?

If the latter, it seems like they could have all been under one posting. Not sure the value of multiple postings.

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of them either, honestly…bit of FB Marketplace spilling over, it feels like

5 Likes

There are too many of them. The fact they’re for wines nobody wants just adds insult to injury

1 Like

I hope you are getting a cut from the one user who treats Commercial Corner as his personal auction site. Only fair that he kicks back seller’s vig to the owner whose hospitality is being abused for profit. Say 10% of hammer price of everything sold?!

2 Likes

Can an admin combine all of them from the one user into one post? Having 11 or 12 posts of 10-15 btls is borderline spam.

This is before we even talk about if the auction format for that much wine is good for WB

Abuse for profit? I’m selling them for mostly 50% off WS Low just to move some bottles. Isn’t this the “COMMERCE CORNER”?
I put the list up on day 1, put a “ending soon” on the 3rd day, and “ended” when it ends. If this is too much, fine.
After the current ones end, I’m DONE!
Thanks to David_K2 for defining “wines nobody wants”, maybe I should have submitted a list for your approval?

It’s a new thing on Commerce Corner, this is our collective opportunity to figure out if it works - first time it’s come up

1 Like

Howard,

Please continue. You have not broken any CC rules and there are some of us enjoying the process. The only thing clogging CC is this whiny thread.

3 Likes

This is also true - at present, until it becomes incessant or universally annoying, just avoid those threads, and/or block the person posting them, simply by clicking their username, and changing ‘normal’ to something else

1 Like

Personally I have no issue with the auction format when starting prices are well below WS low. However, I think either all wines should be posted in one thread, whether that’s a one-time larger list (versus trickling out 10-15 bottles at a time) or via updates to a single thread. That’s in line with the broader guidelines for this board - i.e., checking to see if there is already a thread on a particular subject versus creating a new one for each post.

6 Likes

Every single post of yours since March 2, and many before, are sales posts in Commerce Corner. Spammer, indeed.

Yeah, and my wines aren’t selling. My wines always sell. Get your auctions out of the way. :grinning:
Kidding. Sort of :cheers:

I also don’t think auction format is all that bad.

Use one post. Update the original post in the thread or update with new posts in the same thread. Not create 11 or 12 different new topics.

If that happens admin should combine.

5 Likes

I do enjoy the Auctions, I haven;t tried to sell any wine for while, but the last time, they didn’t sell well.

I don’t find it any less annoying than someone who bumps a post every few days. The pricing is fairly transparent and appropriate. I find informative the secondhand pricing on these wines.

1 Like

Do the auctions never overlap? If so, this seems like a smart move that everybody will like

There are auctions now? :thinking:

If we’re taking votes my vote is: auctions good, more than a dozen threads essentially simultaenously bad. Just consolidate into one thread and put the end dates for each “tranche” in the single thread.

If he were auctioning off Burg cherries, the prices wouldn’t be good

Yeah, what’s annoying to me and probably the others is we have subscribed to the CC forum. Every time one of these new auction posts come up we get alerted and then have to go into it and mute the thread. It does get rather onerous after 10 or 15 of these.

If he were to update the same thread, the people who are interested in them could subscribe to that thread and always keep up to date.

Oh and it’s not not a factor that these auctions are for wines nobody wants. :woozy_face: I mean if he were auctioning off Burg cherries at good prices, I don’t think anyone would be complaining! :grimacing:

1 Like