Cabot Vineyards- I'm Baaaack! Offer Extended

We are so happy to be back participating in Berserkerday 15 this year. We have a bullpen of exciting newer wines as well as limited amounts of older wines. We’re doing $20 flat rate shipping, so feel free to mix and match. Bundle and save! Go to www.cabotvineyards.com. We have the buttons all set to make purchasing easy. Thanks for the support!
cabotvineyards.com/store

Brut Zero 3 pack- $150

• 2- 2016 Blanc de Blanc
  • 1- 2014 Blanc de Blanc

After 8 years and lots of nail biting were proud to finally release our Brut Zero Blanc de Blanc from Anderson Valley. Please check out our brand new website for the story on this exciting project. It’s 100% Wente clone Chardonnay, from old vines, dry farmed and meticulously managed by our own Casey Hartlip. Aged 6 and 8 years Sur lie, no oak was employed nor dosage added to these sparkling wines. The 2016 has fresh bread dough and citrus on the nose with green apple skin and grandma’s lemon curd on the palate, exhibiting laser like focus. It’s long and luxurious, yet has wonderful structure and acidity. It will age effortlessly for 20-30 years. The 2014, from the same vines, is a bit softer with golden delicious apple, almond, and meyer lemon. It has nice brioche throughout from 8 years on the lees. It will age well into the next two decades.

Brut Zero pack 2- $150

• 2- 2014 Blanc de Blanc
  • 1- 2016 Blanc de Blanc

Pinot Pack 3 pack- $100

• 1- 2017 Humboldt Pinot- 60% Lost Coast vineyard, 40% Elk Prairie
  • 1- 2017 Lost Coast vineyard
  • 1- 2016 Anderson Valley

Lost Coast vineyard, planted in 1998, is 2.8 miles miles from the ocean in Petrolia, Humboldt county. The volcanic soils and strong cold winds control vigor and make for small yields of thick skins. The Pinots from this site are very woodsy, with forest floor, mushroom and spice on the nose. They’re structured but very light in texture, with bright strawberry, and cherry. This is cold climate Pinot. The 17 vintage was picked Oct. 22nd, beautifully ripe at 22.5 brix, 13.2% alc.

Elk Prairie was planted in 1993 to the Martini clone with the intention of making sparkling wine, as southern Humboldt was a pretty cold wet place to ripen red Pinot. In 1998 an additional 4 acres we’re planted to French clones 115, 777, and pommard 2. This vineyard is dry farmed and situated just above the fog line 8.5 miles from the Pacific in the Fruitland ridge area in Southern Humboldt.
The 2016 Anderson Valley is from the Valley Foothills vineyard, in the deep, cool end of the valley. It was farmed by our own Casey Hartlip. It’s bright and juicy, no new oak, with nice spice and woodsy character.

New Zin 3 pack- $80

Our Zinfandel comes from Marier Vineyard, a few miles behind and above our winery. It’s at 1500 ft elevation and the vines are grown on steep slopes, head pruned. The vines are organically farmed and own rooted. At 15 years of age, Marier is really starting to produce wines of distinction and balance. In 2018 we picked on the early side, at lower sugars than we’ve ever picked at, with the intention of lower alcohol levels and more structure and acidity in the wines. Our 2018 is aged in 10 year or older French barrels. It reminds me of a Carignan based southern Rhone with it’s red currant, red bing cherry, and bright acidity. The 19s we’re both picked at 22.5- 23.5 brix. The 19 Humboldt is 100% Zinfandel. The Marier was co-fermented with 10% Viognier, bringing a juicy honeysuckle component to the red raspberry, and cherry. These will age and gain complexity over the next 10-15 years. Aged in 100% neutral French oak.

Marier 3 pack- $100

• 2016 Syrah Marier
  • 2018 Cabernet Franc
  • 2016 “The Hills” Cuvee

This pack contains our first 100% Cabernet Franc from the head pruned hillside vines at Marier. Its Loire valley in character, with rich dark fruits. The 2016 “The Hills” cuvee is a co -fermentation of 60% Syrah, 35% Cab Franc and 5% Viognier. It’s rich and luxurious in texture and flavor yet has loads of character. The tiny bit of Viognier freshens the finish. Our 2016 Marier Syrah has a distinctive Corbier character. It’s minerally red and black fruits are balanced by loads of spice.

Aged Syrah pack- $180

• 2007 Kimberlys
  • 2007 Klamath cuvee
  • 2008 Humboldt
  • 2010 Humboldt
  • 2012 Kimberlys
  • 2009 Le du Comtes

The 2009 Le du Comte is a joint project with Larry Schaffer from Tercero winery in Los Olivos. This cuvee is 50% Estate Syrah, 25% Grencahe- Camp 4 vineyard, and 25% Syrah- Thompson Vineyard. Its really starting to shine after 12 years of bottle age.
These are the very last bottles of these vintages. We have limited stock(some a bit more than others) so if there is something you’d like to substitute, go ahead and order the pack and send me an email with the wine you’d like to substitute. Im happy to work with you to get you what you want, within the realms of the stock we have left. Also, if any of you have had a corked or “off” bottle(these are older wines and corks CAN fail) please inform me and i will do my best to replace the bottle. Cabotvineyards@gmail.com

Mixed Syrah pack- $180

Our 2018 Humboldt is stylistically a cross between 2010 and 2011. Both very cool years with loads of secondary cold climate Syrah Characters. The 2016’s are really starting to show their secondary characters of roasted meats, bacon and peppery spice

• 1- 2018 Humboldt

• 1- 2010 Humboldt

• 1- 2012 Kimberlys

• 1- 2016 Kimberlys

• 1- 2016 Humboldt

• 1- 2016 Marier

Aged ZInfandel 3 Pack- $80

• 2007 Zinfandel Tributary- Old Mill vineyard

• 2009 Zinfandel Tributary- Pierce Ranch

• 2016 ZInfandel- Humboldt

These older wines show how well Zinfandel can age and turn into a very complex multilayered wine. These three wines still have nice red fruit and good concentration but now resemble aged Brunello or Montepulciano in character. its been fun watching them mature and they are now all in their drinking window, for those who like complex, aged ZIns.

Thank you so much for your consideration and support over the years.

7 Likes

In for one Humboldt pinot pack and one new Zin pack. Thanks John! I’m originally from Humboldt and my family still lives in Eureka/Fortuna. Love what I’ve had of your stuff so far.

2 Likes

All,

I was given the opportunity to try these wines in advance of BD14. For those active in our wonderful and world-class champagne threads, these are FMIII wet dream wines. Zero dosage no oak “sense of place” sparklers with crisp acidity. I had the chance to taste the 2014 twice, and the 2016 once (including a 14 and 16 side by side). My notes are below:

2014 Cabot Blanc de Blancs Brut Zero Anderson Valley
This shows pale golden in color with exceptional clarity. The nose is bright with a pop of lemon and granny smith apple with a hint of grassiness. On the palate the crisp lemon and green apple show strongly, with a very light leesy note, blanched almonds, and a faint grassy note on the back end. With time in glass and a little warmth, a faint note of Walker’s shortbread cookie whispers in the background. This is a wine I would suggest you decant. It is crisp, with racy acidity. A snappy sparkler, with a taste of Anderson Valley. If you like acid-driven sparklers and zero dosage wines, this is a fun Californian rendition. No oak, no dosage.

2016 Cabot Blanc de Blancs Brut Zero Anderson Valley
This is a pale, light straw color with just the faintest tinge of green to the color. I actually prefer this a bit on the palate to the 2014 as it has a bit of green bartlett pear, lemon, green apple, chalky minerality and a nice, frothy youthful mousse. A bit creamier in the mouth, but still very citrus driven and racy. Perhaps a touch of lees. Again, a snappy sparkler true to Anderson Valley. Lots of verve here, but it’s well integrated. No oak, no dosage.

5 Likes

Thanks Dave. I’m so excited about the Zin pack. The 18’s and 19’s we’re a revelation for me in terms of producing fresher, brighter, lower alc. Zin. I can’t wait for you to try them.

3 Likes

In for a two 3-packs of the zin. Offer looks beautifully formatted :smile:

Screenshot 2023-01-26 081711

2 Likes

Thanks Brig. Hope you enjoy these new Zins, and thank you for the help.

1 Like

John, the only thing you might want to adjust the field for “Your Site Title”

I want the special Humboldt County herbal blend. :slight_smile: I am not sure if I will buy anything this year because I own too much wine - more than a lifetime supply - but I must note that yours are excellent. We had one earlier this year but I wrote no note so I am not sure what it was. It was a bottle with the vintage written in ink. I think an older Cab. Outstanding.

3 Likes

Thank you. The site is brand new. I didn’t catch that.

Thanks Jay. I’m glad your enjoying them.

2 Likes

Hello John,

Great to see you back on BD! So in the past, I have bought some of your aged Syrah’s, specifically the 2011, and really enjoyed them. With that in mind, what pack would you suggest I try this time?

Thanks and best of luck on BD14!

Paul

2 Likes

Hi Paul! If you want to go with Syrah again the mixed Syrah pack has both older and newer bottlings. Our 16’s are really starting to come into a nice drinking window. They’re shedding their baby fat and showing meaty, earthy character. The Marier pack is also really solid. If youre a fan of cool climate Cab Franc, it’ll be right up you alley.

Such a no-brainer. Cabot was a purchase from my very first Berserker Day, and all the positive accolades here are spot-on.
Super easy purchase process/checkout as well. Very excited to get these.

5 Likes

Thanks Nate!

1 Like

Glad to see you back, John. Had to go in for a 3 pack of the sparklers, probably will be back for some Syrah. Love your new website

Thanks David. Please say hello to Jeannine for me.

2 Likes

In for a 6-pack of the aged Syrah. Can’t wait to try them! Cheers to a great BD14!

3 Likes

Sold!

John we were all so worried about you last year :hugs:
Super psyched to try your sparklers. And who knew my PayPal account was still working; your site was easy, nice job. When things calm down, call/email me if my shipping address is a nightmare for you. I’ll be in the Bay Area for awhile in March doing MY BerserkerDay shipping, and we could arrange a CA address then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Emily. Its been a bit of a rollercoaster ride up here with multiple years of smoke taint and wondering if we were going to keep going, but we have had two nice years(21 and 22) in a row and so were sticking it out. The support of the wineberserker community has made all nthe difference in the world.

2 Likes