Business Internships at Wineries

Hi everyone! I know there is a ton of harvest internship experience here, so I would be really grateful for any tips.

• Has anyone done an internship on the business, finance, or analytics side of the industry?

For background, I have a WSET Diploma & BS in Biology, am 31 y/o, physically fit, and would normally love to do a fast-paced vineyard or cellar internship. However, I am currently enrolled in a Master of Business Administration in Germany that requires this summer/fall’s internship to be more “business oriented”. Overall, I am currently one of the many trying to find their path into the industry, but I do have a lot of experience in marketing and helping businesses implement data analytics into their strategies.

Ideally, I would love to find a small to mid-sized winery where I could help with the digital and strategy projects and also get my hands dirty during the beginning of harvest. The internship can be 100% unpaid if the winery is currently transitioning to hybrid or native varieties, or moving from conventional viticulture to organic/biodynamic/regenerative etc. I have the right to work in Germany and the United States and speak English and Spanish.

• For anyone with a similar background, how did you get your initial job/internship?
  • Is this a realistic internship path for 2024?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

1 Like

Terravox winery in Kansas City, Missouri is an estate with all native/hybrid grape varietals. I have no affiliation with the business, other than being a customer.

I have no idea if they would be interested, but you could always try contacting them through their website.

I will reach out to them for sure. They seem like the exact type of winery my university is looking for and something I would be passionate about as well. Thank you so much for the recommendation!