BOSTON Offline - Cafe Mangal, Wellesley, MA (Thursday 6/7)

Steve Curry would like to attend.

Looking forward to meeting everyone! I can add either a Northern Rhone or Cru Beaujolais (or both?) to shake things up a bit

I would like to attend if there is still room.

As for your wine choice, they all sound excellent, have had various vintages of all, my pick would be the Produttori, big fan.

For my Bordeaux, either 1990 Sociando Mallet or 2001 Pichon Baron.
If we’re voting on Brian’s choice I’ll vote for the 1990 Beaucastel.

As a second starter, I’ll bring an aged bottle of Champagne (and a backup):

NV Tarlant Champagne La Vigne d’Antan Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut Non Greffée (disgorged 12 Feb 2006)

As I always say, Champagne goes with everything, even food!

I can also bring a 1/2 bottle of Sauternes (TBD), if someone else want to chip in another 1/2 bottle?

For a dessert wine, I’ll bring:

1998 Zind-Humbrecht Pinot Gris Rangen de Thann Clos St. Urbain Sélection de Grains Nobles (375mL)

Looking forward to trying that ZH!

Looking through my cellar picked out a 2000 Arnaldo-Caprai Sagrantino di Montefalco 25 anni to bring. Secondly as a second half bottle of dessert wine was requested will bring a 1995 Chateau Tirecul La Graviere Monbazillac Cuvee Madame .500 ml

Brian, thanks for keeping the list updated.
I’m still planning on bringing 2006 Fèvre Chablis Bougros Cote de Bougerots to pair with the 2004, along with a Bordeaux.

Cool. Will be fun to taste side by side.

So my wine collection is a bit more new school, than old school, so I’m thinking of bringing a 2015 Herve Souhaut Les Cessieux from St. Joseph in Northern Rhone, but if that’s too geeky/hipster, I can offer up the 2004 Lopez de Heredia “Vina Bosconia” Rioja Reserva to play off the 1993 Blanco. (I’ll bring some backups of sorts, too)

Alicia, the Souhaut sounds great! I’d love to try it.

Brian, I gave Steve your email so he can discuss his selection while he’s out of town…

Sounds good, thanks Kevin!

I guess I’m feeling the old adage that one can never have too much Champagne. I’ll bring a magnum of 2004 Vilmart Coeur de Cuvee.

[worship.gif] champagne.gif

Just confirmed the reservation at Cafe Mangal and asked them to put a couple wine glasses out per person and containers for pouring/spitting. See you all there!

Thanks, Brian for pulling this all together! I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Thank you Brian for organizing the tasting. I’ll bring the 1995 Lopez de Heredia Vina Tondonia Gran Reserva. I’ll also have a special red Burgundy as a backup in case we need it. Steve

No problem! Looking forward to tomorrow :slight_smile: