Boston Dining

Glad you enjoyed it!

Four of us Berserkers (Steve, Yurin, Dan and myself) checked out a new BYOB venue in North Andover MA, Amici’s Pizzeria.

This is their new location, which is much bigger than the now-defunct tiny original nearby, with perhaps seating for 25 and a TV. Not described as a BYOB, but Steve being Steve asked and Leo the owner actually called the city and they said “sure, go ahead”. He’s fine with us mentioning this online, although I’m a little reluctant to post about byob’ing anywhere a busy-body might see it and complain the the city, since they don’t sound like they have much in the way of regulations.

I wouldn’t call it drive-out-of-your-way pizza, but it is certainly competently made and tasty (particularly if you brings some good wines!), in a neighborhood pizzeria, NY-style sort of way. We tried the pictured “Leo’s Signature” (Basil, Prosciutto, Tomatoes, Provolone, fresh Mozzarella, Romano) and a half-and-half cheese and white shrimp/garlic.

Obviously bring any glasses etc that you need. I suggest you mention Steve’s name to Leo or his daughter Alexandra when you arrive, but you shouldn’t have any problem. They actually reserved a table in advance for us.