BLIND Pinot Tasting (BURGUNDY v. CA PINOT! 6/22/19 Thousand Oaks Area - UPDATED SEE POST 39

See you on the 22nd!

I have a guest room if you really are coming! Make it a weekend! Think about it - WINE!

And 6/22 is Northern Rhone Day at my offsite. Think about it - WINE!

Ok, though I prefer Pinot so on balance I still think you should come be be a supporter of the Berserker offline possibilities.

Me. I’m doing both cause that’s how I roll. [training.gif]

I actually thought the reply to my comment was by Todd. Mike I am glad your liver can do both in the same date. That is a baller berserker move! Todd, take note!!!

I sent private messages to those who said they were interested with directions and details.

We had 14 people for this face-off between California Pinot and Burgundy, double blind. Also had about eight bottles of Rose and bubbles.

My WOTN was the Williams Selyem Rochioli vineyard, and my least favorite was the Pommard. Interestingly, some liked the Pommard the best. That is what makes this so fun!
part0.jpg

Bruce (and Laurie), thank you so much for hosting! We had quite a good time despite the varietal not being our favorite. Count me in the camp that liked the Pommard (Moillard), but I think its best days are easily 5-10 years away. It would have been very interesting had a burgophile been there as well. Of the 5 that I thought were best in the group, only two were CA pinots, which surprises me a bit.

Please keep us in mind for future events! [cheers.gif]

Thanks for hosting Bruce and Laurie! An excellent evening, great food, great people, great wine. The blind tasting format was an extra layer of fun, too. Looking forward to the next!

This looks like it was so much fun!

I’ve forgotten to check the offline thread for ages and won’t miss the next one in these parts!

This looks like a lot of fun, even though I haven’t found much love for Pinot Noir yet. I’m not far from Thousand Oaks, so I’ll keep a lookout for the next one.