Bithday Dinner for Son

Standing Rib Roast (16 lbs)
2003 Dom Perignon
2005 Karl Lawrence Morisoli Reserve Mag
2010 Myriad Beckstoffer Dr Crane Mag
2011 Bodegas El Nido El Nido
2010 Alain Voge “Vieilles Vignes” Cornas
Port ,Stilton Cheese & Cognac

Group of 14 (4 kids) with daughter’s in laws from Isle of Guernsey .
Wine of the night; '05 KL Morisoli Reserve
champagne.gif

Lovely, Ned—I take it none of the wines were birth-year wines for your son? Very glad to read you got to share these with so many of your family.

Maluhia,

Mike

Thanks Mike, No ,1979 was not a very good year , except his birth (10 lbs,10 oz) . [wow.gif] flirtysmile

What was the Port?

There’s still a lot of good 1979 Bordeaux.

Happy Bithday!

From the visiting Brits;
2008 Quinta do Noval Late Bottle Vintage

It must be great to share your wine passion with your son. I eagerly look forward to share it with mine. Cheers.

Hah. I had to ask. Noval does make some wonderful LBV’s. While young, I hope it showed well.

Yes Carlos, And he has a more perceptive palate than I. [cheers.gif]

Craig’s right—I’ve had the chance to try Pichon-Comtesse twice from that year and both times it’s been tremendous wine.

1979 was a very good year (quite under-rated) for red Bordeaux - 1979 Palmer was great and there was a whole bunch of nice Pomerol.

I am confused. What is a bithday?

A celebration of birth for someone with a LISP !

SCHLEMIEL !

Nice celebration Ned.

Love the way you celebrated your sons BD. How was the 03 Dom? {I have a few and have not tested any yet].

Great celebration and happy birthday.

I know you enjoy Napa Cabs and while 1979 is not an apex vintage the Rubicon from 79 is very fine in well cared-for bottles.

I, too, would be curious for your thoughts… I’ve had a couple now, and they’ve all been weird and not up to standard. Dramatically so in some cases.

I bought a case & have gone thru most of it and thought all so far have been pretty enjoyable, if not great .

A bottle of the 2003 Dom was opened for me during my mandatory evacuation “trip.” I thought it was absolutely stunning. Wish i had some here.