Birthday weekend! Woot. Come follow the weekend :)

Food was awesome. . . Kama toro, lobster soup, and Wagyu beef was amazing! Wines were fantastic! Can’t wait till tomorrow night. . . updates to come!

i’ll be live blogging from my office this weekend

have a great time tonight - looking forward to your thoughts on the Truchots!

Tooch, too bad work has you someplace else this weekend. You’ll be missed.

Gentlemen, great wines to start the festivities. Tonight is gonna be epic.

Wow amazing food and wine. Can’t wait for more notes.

All looks great. Happy Birthday!

What a night and great way to celebrate Charlie’s BD. I can’t even remember my 30th, but to put it in perspective, the '66 La Mish was only 6 years old at that time. But hey, hanging with these young bucks keeps me young [cheers.gif] I took a few notes as usual.
83 Dom des Varoilles- mature, silky, sous bois, maybe some oxidation but didn’t detract imo
11 PYCM M Perrieres- loved this. Kept getting better and better. Huge mid palate and length. Great acid and structure. Put this one away for a few years
69 Thomas Freres- oxidized
01 Leroy NSG Aux Lavieres-quite fresh, red fruit, minerals. Different style than the Leroy of old
85 Salon- dark yellow, oxidative style pretty good acid and nice sweetness on the finish
95 Krug- loved this. Dough, balance. Not the piercing acidity of the 96 but lovely.
96 DP Oeno- a little reduction initially…loved the minerality and freshness. Great wine.
06 Ramonet Monty- white of the night for me. Ramonet mint, lush, elegant but not typical 06. Acidity not great, but good enough
04 Leflaive Chevy- super reduced…never blew off. Great structure and palate. Rich and long
08 Leflaive Chevy- very nice. Some oak needs to be eaten up, but should be great in a few years. No reduction
01 Dujac Echezeaux- corked…damn!!
91 Leroy VR Beaux Monts- floral, stems, chocolate. Some tannins poking through. Nice
89 Guigal la Landonne- mature, dark cherries, spice, nice length. I liked better than Charlie.
80 Ponsot CDLR-certainly not a Rudy wine. He wouldn’t have liked the label. Sous bois, autumnal, elegant, sweet. Thanks Ryan.
01 DRC Gr Echezeaux- floral, stems, red fruits. Nice length and should age well
66 La Mission- not what it used to be…recent 66’s I’ve had seem to be fading imo. Still nice though. Lily, tobacco, sweet finish.
47 Borgogno Barolo Riserva- loved it. Mature, leather, tobacco…balanced. Some dusty tannins on the finish.
08 Bachelet Charmes Chambertin - dark fruits, rich, ripe big wine…should age beautifully.

More to come today. Stay tuned.

Great job Roger. What about the pappy notes :wink:

Think what you will drink for your 40th! Happy Birthday!

Great dinner last night! Charlie even did a Montrachet Bomber with '85 Salon and Ramonet Monty :0) - with a Star Wars shot glass. Epic :slight_smile:!!! We still have a lot more fun to be had over the next day+…

congrats on ending the third decade with such a great celebration!

Happy birthday, Charlie.

I feel like quitting my job and driving down right now…maybe Jon or Roger can adopt me! flirtysmile

Man…Romonet Monty…I’ve been dreaming about Ramonet of late! [worship.gif]

Keep it up guys! champagne.gif

Great stuff Charlie.
Happy birthday–we gotta get you here in the southeast

Happy birthday Charlie

Great way to celebrate a big one. Food looks killer too. Keep up the live posting.
Cheers everyone

Doug

Stuffed our faces at Elite restaurant with dim sum and spot prawns for lunch.

Started off with a couple of nice sparklers. The 99 Winston Churchill while young was roaring with power and sense apple and creme. The 90 Dom was a classic example of aged champagne showing super youthful. Clear cut acid with bright citrus but still not very expansive as it needs more time to open up.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

hopefully the spot prawns were female…making my mouth water nonetheless!

Happy birthday Fu.

Ramonet Monty is just about as good as it gets for mine and the top end 06’
s are drinking really well right now.

Best Regards
Jeremy

The night is beginning - '85 Truchot Charmes and '91 DRC RSV to start :slight_smile:.

What time zone are you in today, Fu and boys? It’s barely 4pm in LA.